KING OF NEW YORK HACKS

Follow and ye shall be Knighted !!!
KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE !

KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE

Share

Twitter Follow

Follow KINGOFNYHACKS on Twitter

Monday, July 28, 2008

Cathedral of St. John the Divine

I love taking customers to this area of the city and rarely do I get a client that says they haven't walked into this masterpiece to pray or just visit and appreciate it.


Entrance to The Cathedral of St. John the Divine, The cathedral, designed in 1888 and begun in 1892, has, in its history, undergone radical stylistic changes and the interruption of the two World Wars. It remains unfinished, and is under construction with restoration a continuing process.
Pretty amazing place , any relative of mine who visits NYC regardless of religious beliefs , I take them here as part of the New York tour. Under construction for over 100 years, and the stained glass they have with all the other architecture make this place a must.



Peace Fountain
Near the cathedral is a controversial sculpture known as the Peace Fountain. The sculpture by Gregg Wyatt depicts the struggle between good and evil. Its design refers to the grotesques often found at medieval cathedrals. However i like to sit there and think its a nice park without any interpretations. Of course after staring at it for a few moments , you may be wondering if someone spiked your red bull with LSD. Just go with it.


Me in the future, I hope, still walking the streets of New York City when I'm his age and beyond.


If I do make it to his age I think I'll call myself the Luckiest Hack of New York, but for now I'm just the King of New York Hacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment