KING OF NEW YORK HACKS

Follow and ye shall be Knighted !!!
KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE !

KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE

Share

Twitter Follow

Follow KINGOFNYHACKS on Twitter

Friday, July 18, 2008

THE WATERFALLS...ART OR BULLSHIT ????????? YOU DECIDE

Waterfall near the promenade
( Or giant lawn sprinkler as I refer to it )





Brooklyn Bridge Waterfall
( This one I can live with because it looks good at night )


My information gathering is complete as I asked most of my customers what they thought of the Waterfalls made out of metal scaffolding placed around the city, and I would say 90% of the people say its not art , yet just another waste of city money, although I did hear Bloomberg ponied up 13 million himself for this display of ...ahem.... Art. I have to admit that I like the Brooklyn Bridge one, and as it is lit up at night it looks pretty cool , but the other towers of steel cascading water look like something from Toys R Us that we're supposed to put outside in a backyard and run through for fun. Certainly not art , and being that Bloomberg gave 13 million and the rest was financed by an unknown state agency, I think we could have used that money to build an oil drill for New York, or create Hyrdroenergy to prevent Con Edison from hiking up the rates. Maybe I'm just not the artistic type or can't see the true meaning of these water distractions, or maybe I'm pissed that these can be put up overnight practically, while two stadiums have been built , and we can't get the Freedom Tower started. I think our city's policies and priorities have become a bit misleading to the public and are not on the proper course to do what is necessary and right for this city....

My opinion, is these are bullshit, not art.

There used to be a guy on WPIX channel 11 who was Vice President and General Manager, Richard N. Hughes, and he would do editorials on whats wrong with the city and he'd close with the line I'm going to steal from him right now. " What's your opinion New York City , I'd like to know ".

I'm not Richard N. Hughes, but I am The King of New York Hacks....and I'd like to know.

4 comments:

  1. have you seen the one on governor's Island at night? when coming back to staten on the ferry, it's pretty nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've seen that one yet, however they all certainly look better in the evening..I'll keep an eye out for that one , thanks for the comment lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unless they include statues of naked women, they're NOT art.

    Still, I guess it's better than that guy who spread toilet paper throughout Central Park a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I concur , orange toilet paper was a huge mistake...Naked women?? Please submit the ideas to the commission Lugosi, I'm sure Spitzer will donate.

    ReplyDelete