KING OF NEW YORK HACKS

Follow and ye shall be Knighted !!!
KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE !

KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE

Share

Twitter Follow

Follow KINGOFNYHACKS on Twitter

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Lowriders on 42 St...and an Olympic poem.



I had a family from Maine in my cab who weren't up for chatting and seemed very conservative and uptight while I was driving from the airport to the Marriott hotel, when all of a sudden we all hear a lot of honking and yelling going on but can't really see what the commotion was all about. Finally as traffic eased up we saw these cars parked and some double parked with the hydraulics add ons. These cars are generally referred to as LOWRIDERS !! There were people clapping and cars hopping up and down, and this family from Maine sat in silence and had that "Why the fuck are we in this city?" look in their eyes that made me laugh out loud as I asked them if they saw a lot of cars like that in Maine. They didn't even answer me , they all in unison just shook their heads no. I gave a couple of honks myself as I passed and got them safely to the Marriott. I'm sure they will see a lot of things they haven't seen before in the coming days ahead. Maybe theyll get to see something like this ,click away , its a similar car to the photo: ridiculous hydraulics



Aside from that a friend of mine who demanded that I don't post a poem she wrote about the Olympics that she sent to me....well here it is , I liked it and I hope you do too. Let me know what you think so I can tell her that she should continue to write.

2008 olympics

People mountain people sea,

Gathering China in Beijing,

Minutes on stage, years of sweat,

A little mishap becomes forever regret,

Our greatest athletes,

Let us cheer for you,

You are not only our heroes but our hope.


So as the Olympics come to an end , I thought this was a nice poem, although I'm no poet, or Olympian..and I have no hydraulics in my cab....I still remain, The King Of New York Hacks.

8 comments:

  1. yo king, drive them to L.A. next time, I'll get all my friends in the hood and we'll have a parade of lowriders in honor of the residents of Maine LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to see those cars, its almost a lifestyle to keep them like that !! I liked the poem too, hope is always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seems like a good time to mention that I have powerful hydraulics in my pants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahha, in his pants he says.

    but yeah, I've never seen hydraulics before! That is fricken awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it interesting when you come across people that don't find something--or anything--fascinating? Your Maine clients, finding the lowriders droll...I checked out the vidoe, and sat here yelling "holy shit!"

    I love checking out the things that people will bother to bother with.

    And the poem is very moving; it made my heart skip a beat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The poem was not that good. nothing rhymed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. its called "prose" schlitze, no worries though , the more you read my blog the more educated you will become. LOL

    ReplyDelete