KING OF NEW YORK HACKS

Follow and ye shall be Knighted !!!
KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE !

KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE

Share

Twitter Follow

Follow KINGOFNYHACKS on Twitter

Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Bloggers have spoken. Thank you all for commenting. Happy Holidays to all !!

Armed Forces Recruitment Building Times Square

This post is basically a condensed version of comments I received from the prior post that I put up almost two weeks ago. Thank you to everyone who commented or read the post. I really didn't know how people would respond or if the post would anger people more than just try and see how they were feeling. What I got were some real thoughts that were well worth reading and provoked an even deeper thinking on the matter for myself. If anyone wants to read the whole of the comments just go to my previous post and click on the comments to elaborate on what the people are thinking. I think the following sums it up well.



If the MSM (Mainstream Media) would devote a day to all of the issues that you bring up, maybe we people would rise up and bring down the bastards.

When the Constitution was enacted in 1789 the founding fathers provided for Congress to "…lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts, and excises, pay the Debts and provide for the common Defense and general Welfare of the United States." However, according to the U.S. Treasury, in a historical context, the nature of these policies did not extend either to the collection of taxes so as to equalize incomes and wealth, or for the purpose of redistributing income or wealth.

I guess I believe, once again, that balance is needed. Of course there are politics, and governments and tactics and events that have been VERY wrong.What I can say about it is that
I have 3 brother in laws deployed in Iraq right now, as much as they want to come home, not one of them feels as though they are not serving a purpose or should not be there.I hope we soon find our country at peace with each other, keeping peace in the world, with a government that will keep promises, not steal our money, protect us and lead us in the right direction.

I'm also praying for change. Our country, every one of us, deserves it.

I'd like to see the numbers on what it costs to research and make these military mobiles because they keep cutting my federal student loans in half.

Bring the boys home. Forever.

Thanks from a former soldier in Iraq.While I was there I felt there was a purpose, but we need to come home and utilize our land and protect ourselves is how I feel now. Too many deaths, too many amputees,too much blood.As the tears roll down my cheeks that's how I feel King...almost forgotten like one of the girls says in the video.Thats how I feel.

Lets turn this country around and make it great again I dont give a shit what kind of a dog Obama gets his kids. I want him to be the next FDR Not JFK.
God bless you king and God Bless America

Who are we fighting and who did we declare war against? I'm a retired vet and having a few kids in the Armed Forces still stand behind our country, but give us a clear vision and a target.

Aye-aye on the Goldman Sachs guys getting theirs. Well eventually they will, but sooner would be better than later.

Personally, I want the war to be OVER. Done, everyone come home. NOW. It's is extremely difficult, then, to reconcile this with feeling so proud of my son and his comrades, and the work he did, and still do there.It's hard for me to put myself into the place of a mother there, trapped in my home with a hungry kid, and thinking "God, somebody just help us." What I need to educate myself on is: where would they be, these families, if we weren't there? I honestly don't know the answer, and so tend to bow out of the political conversations, and learn from you. All of you.I've wept with WWII vets, reached out to 2 mothers whose sons are in Iraq for the first time, and spoke on the phone last night with a young soldier with a prosthetic arm, that said "I was blown up before Christmas."So many stories, and yet, one by one, we're all just individual people trying to muck through a day. I've been as equally moved, since my son enlisted by the folks that say "throw me a rope" as I have been by the folks that have stepped up and declared "Here we are. We have rope."

I found myself shaking my head and my mouth wide open just reading it.

There are so many things wrong worldwide,I wish things were different. I hate war,fighting,dying...its all so painful to those going through such things and their families.

I believe the ordinary man on the street is used as a pawn in a global chess game run by the super powers and super rich.

A colleague of mine just spent 8 months in Iraq working with the Army on implementing the technology he comes up with in the lab. The big take home message is that it's HELL over there. I am in awe of anyone who can survive such environments and find a way to function with their families after the experience. We don't do enough to help them. Great, lifesaving technology get's bogged down in bureaucracy and politics, not technology, decides what the soldiers have access too. It's sickening. I agree 100% Bring them home. Soon.

All I can really say, I'M PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN - THAT HAS NEVER AND WILL NEVER EVER FALTER! My husband and my uncle (who did TWO tours in Veitnam) are former Marines. My other uncle was a Navy corpsman. My grandfather served in WWII. My stepfather was in Korea in the reserves.
There are good men and women that serve and they deserve the UPMOST respect. I say, "THANK YOU FOR SECURING OUR FREEDOM AND DOING ALL YOU DO!"
All that said, granting more power to the UN frightens me!

I want them home too, all of them, for many reasons, some of which you mentioned...

I've heard reports that our troops do not have the proper body armor because it is too expensive to provide to them... and yet we can spend billions to bail out Wall Street.And, yeah, when exactly did we decide it was OK for our government to throw the Constitution out the window?

I'm a Viet Nam vet, did not see much use in that war. I don't see any in Iraq. How many billions of dollars a week? Rebuild our roads and schools. Get the soldiers home now. Unlike earlier posts, I have not met a returning soldier from Iraq that did not ask the same question: "What the heck are we doing there, and why are we still there?". Too many have died, too much money has been spent, and it is time to stop.
If we can't leave until we have won, well, what does that mean? Where is the goalpost?

Excuse my language but this post? A-fucking-MEN. Seriously. Just the first paragraphs had me shaking my head in total agreement..

Some thoughts:
1) If I had to choose between a NYC taxi and an MRAP, I'd take the cab.
2) I have not been in favor of the Iraq debacle since the beginning. Afghanistan is a different matter;there we had a declared enemy (Osama Bin Laden) and knew where he was. Too bad the numbskulls in charge took their eye off the ball.
3) I fully support the TROOPS in all this mess; that is why I want them to come home now.
I am scared. I am so scared I want to scream and have the people scream with me. I see all this recruiting and extension of tours. When they all return it will be worse than Vietnam. How will we save those who return from the horror. How will we save ourselves?

Poor and frightened, but a little hopeful.and angry, I almost forgot that...very angry.

Kindness, Peace, Love of Humanity
Support for the troops
And the Hope they shall come Home soon.

We need change, let us each be an instrument of change.


Everyone....Please, Please save your money. Debt is the Devil. This world is taking anyone with debt and Shooting them.
That Congressperson (cant remember who) who savaged the CEO's of the car companies for flying private jets. I couldn't believe those guys were that stupid. Then he asked them if they'd work for a Dollar. That's when I got Pissed.
I don't like what's gone on in the corporate world lately (Greed and Idiocy), but Seriously....When is someone in the country going to ask the same questions back to our Reps and Senators.
"Hey Reps and Senators...YOU are driving our Country into Bankruptcy. YOU are Pissing our money away in Pork Spending....YOU have Egregious pay and benefits. WE THE PEOPLE are all losing job, pay and benefits ....When are YOU going to suffer along with your constituents????? When are YOU going to have Pay and Benefit cuts???? Hey smartass gov't worker, are YOU willing to work for a Dollar? YOU are as bad as these CEO's."
Why has NO ONE questioned THEM????

As a daughter to a vet, on day one of Iraq I began taking donations to support our soliders. Word got to 'the man' at work and they were upset. They didn't want to show any favor for or against when it came to the war. They forgot one very important principle - no matter which side you are on the troops and families of need our support - especially when the leaders in charge of our country make stupid mistakes. Needless to say I resigned from 'the man' and started my own business. Best move ever.

That I completely support our troops, but not our wars. We need to bring our men and women home. But if our government won't bring them home, we need to send love and care packages to them. They need to know how we feel - or THAT we feel. The motto "we'll never forget".. well I'll never forget our troops and what they're enduring in our country's name.

More than cleverness, we need kindness.
Truer words were never spoken.

Great comments from great people. I look forward to our country's progress and hope that we can have a more clear view of what we are doing and what needs to be done. Until then, support and embrace our troops overseas and the troops who are coming home to make the transition back to their home. I will do a follow up a few months from now to see how our opinions and lives may change or not. Until then, I will post on taxi stuff and Wall St. nonsense. That's what got you here in the first place, so back to it !!

I hope that everyone has their holidays filled with nothing but good tidings, health and peace. I will be posting frequently through the holidays and on a much lighter note. New York is already getting pretty busy for the holidays and I will share my sights and sounds with you. I'll leave you with a video from the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade which Rick Rolled our nation. Damn that was cool. I've been Rick Rolled, and in ain't fun, but it is when you do it to someone else as the creators of the parade did. Nicely done. I am not Rick Astley, I'm just The King Of New York Hacks. Enjoy.




19 comments:

  1. Sure, I missed the parade and got Rick Rolled anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great holiday! My daughter, Bitchy, was at the parade with her boyfriend's family. LOVED IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fave was when McCain got 'Rolled:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TiQCJXpbKg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff.. Hack, in a good way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. King , I got OWNED with that one. My kids were crying.....laughing that is.." I like Rick Rolling"? Damn that saying meant rolling keeps changing !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take care of yourself during the holiday hustle and bustle. We are expecting a foot of snow - should be your way by midweek.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! Computer problems have kept me off the net too long.

    I think next election you should be on the ballot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. King, I'm with lisaschaos. YOU should be on the ballot next election. If this country had more DECENT and INTELLIGENT and CARING people like you running it, we'd all benefit greatly!

    Have a fantastic holiday buddy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i LOVE RICK ASTLEY! Okay, there, I said it. I hear that song and all I want to do is dance and while i'm at it, I happen to also love the entire Saturday Night Fever album. So there! :)

    Hope you had a good holiday. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. King...you should be a Professor at a University.

    You make me use my brain like no one. I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes King I agree Lets keep the posts nice and fluffy for the next month or so. Theres Nothing like Manhattan in the winter time best place to be. Just took my daughter to see a broadway show (Mary Poppins) it must have been 10 degrees with the wind chill out there in times square. But man the city is so beautiful at night, and to see the sparkle in my teenage daughter eyes from all the lights on broadway was well worth the ever growing price of a broadway show ticket. Merry Christmas to all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought both of your posts were great. I'd vote for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The no money for body armor is just criminal. I agree bring them home now and spend the money to help people transistion back in. The troops need support not only during a war but upon returning too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Finally I got some time to concentrate on your blog, or a part of it, and I was glad to read what has been written here as I agree with most of it. Hopefully things will change, not only for americans but also to the rest of us (I mean, the world!).
    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've got my vote, great post. And, you've also got my award! Swing by my blog to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks man! Happy Holidays everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This soooo needed to be said. Thanks for saying it. You're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  18. ^^Thanks!!

    婚前徵信婚姻感情大陸抓姦外遇抓姦法律諮詢家暴婚前徵信尋人感情挽回大陸抓姦離婚工商徵信婚前徵信外遇抓姦感情挽回尋人大陸抓姦離婚家暴工商徵信法律諮詢跟蹤工商徵信婚前徵信感情挽回外遇抓姦法律諮詢家暴尋人大陸抓姦離婚大陸抓姦外遇尋人家暴工商徵信法律諮詢家暴感情挽回大陸抓姦外遇婚前徵信離婚尋人工商徵信外遇抓姦法律諮詢家暴婚前徵信大陸抓姦尋人感情挽回外遇抓姦婚前徵信感情挽回尋人大陸抓姦工商徵信法律諮詢離婚家暴工商徵信外遇抓姦法律諮詢家暴婚前徵信尋人感情挽回大陸抓姦離婚婚前徵信工商徵信外遇抓姦尋人離婚家暴大陸抓姦感情挽回法律諮詢離婚感情挽回婚前徵信外遇抓姦家暴尋人工商徵信外遇抓姦法律諮詢家暴婚前徵信尋人感情挽回">徵大陸抓姦離婚婚前徵信工商徵信外遇抓姦尋人離婚家暴大陸抓姦感情挽回法律諮詢

    ReplyDelete