KING OF NEW YORK HACKS

Follow and ye shall be Knighted !!!
KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE !

KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE

Share

Twitter Follow

Follow KINGOFNYHACKS on Twitter

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The King , The City , and a Merry Christmas to all !!!

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Happy Holidays to all !!!! Thank you all for your heartwarming comments on the prior post and I hope all of you have a safe and happy holiday season that brings you and your family good tidings and great joy.


The city finally gave the King some respect for the holidays and put up a billboard to let people know he is out there representing. Holla !!...as my yellow cab brother drives by !!


I have performed every one of these dances at one time or another in my life , especially my favorite move which is the walking in place Frankenstein shuffle by the kid in the green shirt in the back.....they all work well though at any festive party.




No Christmas tree is complete without a King Of New York Hacks ornament.




Blurry tree shot , but I kinda dig the way it came out.


Flushing, Chinatown in Queens.


Flushing Cabstand, Main St and Roosevelt Queens. Usually where I start my night.




The infamous 86 st in Brooklyn, only thing missing is John Travolta walking down the street carrying paint cans and eating a double stacked slice of pizza Saturday Night Fever style. Fuhgeddaboudit !!!!




Astoria, Queens. Where I spent my early childhood and some of my family still remains. Great place.


THE Snowflake 57 st and 5th Ave.

And there is certainly something great about the 27-foot Big Snowflake. To learn who sponsors it, when it is hung and lit, visit the Unicef Snowflake site.

We've learned that it has been there for the past 17 seasons and was designed by Douglas Leigh ("the man who brought animated billboards to Times Square and immortalized Time Square with its famous Camel billboard with its smoking ring" -- signindustry.com).



The further away you get , the better it looks. Brilliant.




This video captures Christmas scenery in New York in 2008 including world famous Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree, UNICEF Snowflake, holiday windows and etc. Christmas in NY is the best in the universe even in tough economy time! Compliments of my man CubeNewYork. Well done !!




Tree on 58th street which is huge and a startling blue. I don't know if its a hotel or luxury condos, but it is breathtaking.


No, even at Christmas we will never forget.




This is all I can afford from the Yankees now.



God Bless America, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all our brothers and sisters overseas, we hope to see you soon !!



Hell yeah, even Darth Vader gets into the spirit now !!!!




I just signed this NY Yankee snowman to be on my tree for 8 years $180 million dollars..I hope he's not on steroids.




Don't forget St. Patricks day is just around the corner !!! A good reminder at Christmas !!!!

The best Christmas explanation I ever heard was the one Linus gave to Charlie Brown...

I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people,and on earth peace, good will toward men, and women of course.




NYC prepping the streets for the holidays !!




Even Mickey Mouse couldn't stay away from the sights and sounds of NYC !!!




This is a nice Christmas deer, However......



My niece's Christmas deer which she taped to the wall is far more superior !!!




The GE Building is an Art Deco skyscraper that forms the centerpiece of the Rockefeller Center in Midtown Manhattan. Known as the RCA Building until 1988, it is famous for housing the headquarters of the television network NBC. At 850 feet (259 m) tall, the 70-story building is the 9th tallest building in New York City and the 32nd tallest in the United States. The building is sometimes referred to as 30 Rock, a reference to its address at 30 Rockefeller Plaza.

One squeegee guy and a Zamboni Machine to clean the ice ?? The economy is bad !!


Working hard !!


One day , I'm going to drive that Zamboni vehicle !!




They have a pit which they dump all the excess ice into, never saw that in all my years til this day.


The Gold dude in the fountain?? This is who he is !!!
In Greek mythology, Prometheus (Ancient Greek: Προμηθεύς, "forethought")[1] is a Titan known for his wily intelligence, who stole fire from Zeus and gave it to mortals for their use.[2] Zeus then punished him for his crime by having him bound to a rock while an eagle ate his liver every day only to have it grow back to be eaten again the next day. His myth has been treated by a number of ancient sources, in which Prometheus is credited with (or blamed for) playing a pivotal role in the early history of humankind. There is an inscription on the wall behind him which reads "Prometheus, teacher in every art, brought the fire that hath proved to mortals a means to mighty ends." Rock on Prometheus, thanks for the fire !!

'
and as Prometheus watches , a lady in the Red Vest does The Rockefeller "Cha Cha" !!!
Rock on Red Vest lady !!!







The Rockefeller Tree Star.




Smaller replica of the Swarovski star atop the tree.


Yes , it is a BIG star !!!!






The Rockefeller Tree Lighting !!!






'The Tree is LIT !!


Some random trees throughout the city.




Trump building Wall ST









30 Wall St


The Olympic Station Building across from St Patricks Cathedral.


Staten Island Ferry Tree ...and no those people aren't dead, just a frequent sight on my way home after driving Friday nights and everyone coming home from partying around 4:30 AM. They just crash out on the floor waiting for the ferry to arrive. Classic. I have more shots like these for a later post.




The Herald Square Trees, love the special lights that simulates snow coming down !!







SAKS 5th Avenue Windows



I believe they are all based on a book called "Snowflake City"....




I like the sign "curb your penguin". Don't think I've ever seen penguin shit.


They were O.K. looking , but for SAKS , I thought it was ...."meh".



Santa yelling Yippee !! The Chrysler Building replica, my favorite building in the city.


The Chrysler Building during my night shift.


Front of SAKS , The Dancing Snowflakes !!!

The Dancing Snowflakes show !!! Enjoy !!






It wouldn't be Christmas without seeing Charlie Brown take care of his own tree with some help from all his friends.




The King is always watching , just like Santa Claus.
So in closing I hope I brought you good tidings of great joy, to all people who read this post,and on earth peace, good will toward men, and women...and penguins. I may not be Linus , but I am THE KING OF NEW YORK HACKS ! Be safe everyone and have a great holiday. Peace out peepers.

53 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas King.

    As usual, great wonderful pictures - you seriously capture the spirit of the season.

    By far, my favorite has to be the crashers at the Ferry ... oh, and your neice's deer picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the holiday NYC tour!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these were great!
    Thanks for giving me a taste of the big apple while I'm away from home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic Pix!!! Loved the tour
    Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks King!
    I loved this NYC holiday treat!
    Enjoy your Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy crap, that was a LONG ASS POST.

    However, I thoroughly enjoyed this trip through NYC! And, I love Linus's monologue. It's the BEST.

    Merry Christmas King!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Holidays, King! I'm glad the city is recognizing.
    Also love the ornaments. They make me hate Christmas just a little less.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I skimmed through this, but I will be back some other time. You really have a great idea for a blog and you use your photos and videos to establish a good feel and persona.

    Merry Christmas to you in New York all the way from Hong Kong.

    Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darth Vader is awesome! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like to do the head bop from side to side— ever notice that there are always 2 and they move in opposite directions…

    ReplyDelete
  11. To The King:

    May God's blessing be upon you! have a very Merry (Irish) Christmas!

    And between the Xmas ornaments and logos and stuff, I sense a line of "Kingwear" clothes and lifestyle accessories coming out soon.

    Great pics. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow now I really want to come to NY for Christmas!!

    Merry Christmas!

    - Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, it must be positively breathtaking to be in NYC during Christmas. Thanks for sharing the beauty of it all with us.

    YOU make the season brighter!! Have a wonderful holiday, King!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing so many images and memories of Christmas in NY. Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd love to be able to see New York at Christmas one day.

    Merry Christmas, King.

    ReplyDelete
  16. alright, merry xmas! that snow flake, definately the king of street holiday decor, i tried taking a picture of it too, but everything looks so small in that lens it just didn't pan out, without devoting too much energy on that shot. i think that building is the Bloomberg Building, right across from Bloomingdale's, probably has condos too, maybe not. I remember in 04 or so some friends of mine got freaked out by a few buildings coming up with HUGE roof antennae, this building was probably one of those buildings, and it does have a place in the Manhattan skyline.

    I've had no luck finding the older gcstation picture, but i found this http://wirednewyork.com/forum/showpost.php?p=223711&postcount=88

    i've been looking at this thread http://wirednewyork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5010
    there are so many amazing pictures here, it's a day's worth of time to be enthralled in

    HoLLA!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an absolutly beautiful display of NY through the camera.
    Thanks you my friend

    ReplyDelete
  18. I feel like I was freezing my ass off on the top of a double decker bus.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Best town for Christmas anywhere!

    Extra-nice montage.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome! You really captured it all (including my office! go figga!) What a great post... appreciate all the work you put into it.
    Hope you had a great Christmas!!!
    :) Robin
    cinnamon & honey

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks. I couldn't make it to the City this Christmas season, so it was great to see the sights.

    I watched Charlie Brown's Christmas with my 3 year old granddaughter. It was like seeing it for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Of all of those.... your niece's deer picture is the very BEST EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your unique perspective on the world. Thanks for sharing it. I'll be a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm in NYC now and thankfully got to see some of this stuff in person. I know I say this EVERYTIME I write but I just love how much you bring NY into my life and remind me of how great a city it is.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, I am impressed now!!! Love your pics and your commentary. I need to get thee to NYC soon. Hope the snowman earns his keep on your tree too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hope yours was great! Those photos are awesome, but what the hell is up with Mickey's tongue?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, those are beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ah. Thank you so much. This post brought me to sentimental tears. It was with great wistfulness that I went through your entire post. I loved it. Thank you! I called my older daughter in to see some of the videos you posted, particularly the Rockefeller Cha-Cha, and the lighting of the tree. So beautiful.

    She agreed that no one in Florida seems to have a sense of community. That is why everyone seems to brush off Christmas. The tiny little downtown areas do a Saturday night Candlelight shopping thing, but other than that, nothing. So sad. I miss New York so much. With all its flaws, it is still home to me.

    Thanks so much. I loved this.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for visiting my blog - but I must say it does not compare to yours! What amazing pictures you take, and what an amazing job you have. Getting to see so much of the city must be a great experience.

    Good luck on the coffee maker - you'll need it for the night shifts!

    I'll be back ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Merry Christmas!

    I find it really sad that they can just change the name of a landmark like the RCA building. Commercial bastards and their money!

    Thanks for the look at NYC at Christmastime.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hey! Great pics... felt like I came into the city for the holidays. Thanks for visiting my blog... my little "make-believe" town really is that quiet. We don't even have mail delivery, we all go to the post office... great way to get to know people around the village. (We used to live just outside of Baltimore... I wouldn't make this up!)
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi King

    Thanks for popping in at my blog! I live in Portland, Maine during the week and go home to Woolwich, Maine (the woods) on weekends, and have to laugh to think that I consider Portland to be "the city." Thankyou for your tour around a truly big city - I must admit that NYC scares the crap out of me - I'll have to look you up next time I get the courage to go - you'd be a fabulous guide! Your neice's deer is priceless. Love it!! Terrific post all told. Good luck installing and passing along the Brilliante Award! If you have any more questions re: that, you can e-mail me:
    mmiller@meca.edu

    Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great pics! Happy new year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  34. You always have the BEST pictures. I was in NYC in September and now I wish I had gone during the holiday season instead. I'll bet there's nothing like Christmas in the city. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  35. A great tour of an amazing city!

    Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great pics as usual, King. I love the blue Xmas tree also...have a wonderful new year, you big billboard star you :))

    ReplyDelete
  37. Nothing beats NY during X-mas!

    My New York days were so poor I had to hoof it rather than cab it, but it gave me a lot of time to see the city in all it's splendor.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog... I'm really glad to have found yours. From now on I'm coming here for my NY minute!

    ReplyDelete
  38. thanks for the holiday tour. This is the time of year I most miss the city (it is so easy to forget the slushy puddles in the middle of the crosswalk, the slippery steps in the subway, and the icy winds blowing across town!). I love the yankee ornament...hope he doesn't break his contract!

    ReplyDelete
  39. hope you have a wonderful holiday! thanks for the pics of the big apple. loved them. i too looked on with meloncholly....
    and i KNOW i didnt spell THAT right hehehehe

    C

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hey, thanks for the taxi tour! It was just like being there.

    Happy New Year from Austin, Texas!

    KJ

    http://fragrantliar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. once again, you have taken me on a vacation! after singing along with B2M and John Lennon i was thinking that i needed to go find the Christmas story part of the charlie brown christmas and there is was!!! beautiful tour, thank you! i was wondering where you were last night when i was watching the ball drop [at 10:00 pm here] hope you had a wonderful Christmas and Happy Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Wow! I love this post. I love the tour of NY, the trees, the lights and the history lesson, the greek mythology......well except for the eating the liver part. Happy New Year, King!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I hope one day I get the chance to be in THE City for some Christmas Spirit.

    You do such a beautiful job at sharing the most wonderful parts of NYC!

    I wish you all the best in 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Another showcase of your incredible city! Happy new Year!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Thank you King for the treat of the Big Apple at Xmas time...it is so special and I am so fortunate to have experienced it at different times. Having grown up just a stones throw away, I feel very privilaged. Happy New Year and wishing you and yours the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. That was fantastic.
    Although, that Mickey Mouse scares me a little.

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Excellent information to many people like to read articles to learn about these issues of great interest.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Hello friend amazing and very interesting blog about The King , The City , and a Merry Christmas to all !!! I really enjoyed reading this blog and I would like to have any update about it, thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete