KING OF NEW YORK HACKS

Follow and ye shall be Knighted !!!
KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE !

KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE

Share

Twitter Follow

Follow KINGOFNYHACKS on Twitter

Sunday, July 26, 2009

The King, The Moon, Humans..and the Awe.

This blog is brought to you by The King Of New York Hacks. ;-)
Hey , a little self promotion never hurt anybody !!! LOL


The Moon and the Empire State Building ....Both were there when the United States's Apollo 11 mission was the first manned spacecraft to land on the Moon on July 20, 1969. 40 years ago, just a week ago. Different war...different economy...same people on Earth. Humans. In awe. The two together on a night 40 years later is almost as good...but not quite. I am 40 , and as I have pulled many a "moon"(showing my arse to everyone in a crowded place) I have never been given the accolades of such a feat. I barely was around for the landing, and I may have no memory of it, but I heard my older brother may be guilty of "Mooning the Moon" on the day Neil Armstrong arrived...

However....different times, different matters...same structures...

I am still...In Awe.



Being in awe of things is not to be taken lightly, and as great a feat as reaching the moon was, I feel I have experienced similar emotions to what all the people at NASA felt at that moment 40 years later. If you follow my blog, or you don't, my nephew had a successful kidney transplant from his father earlier this year and that to me , was a feeling as if I'd landed on the moon....However , during that process of who is a candidate and who is not, is an emotional roller coaster for everyone in the family and friends alike, and can ya' imagine what the parents felt !! The mother was disqualified for pre-gestational diabetes even though she was VERY healthy !!

In awe...I'm not in awe when someone figures out how to transfer their songs from their iPod to their Blackberry in the back of my taxi and screams "DUDE !!" and scares the shit out of me while screaming it !!...( amazed ..maybe lol ).

I have been very busy with the headaches that my day job of dealing with Wall St , along with the long hours of driving a taxi to add on ...but that is no excuse not to keep up... If we can land on the moon , surely I should be able to keep up with email..however I was not, which leads me to reaching out to all my readers, and pass it on to your family as well, pay it forward, you never know.

In Awe ?? I was in awe earlier this year when people I never met were reaching out to me through this blog to help support me emotionally and also give offers of fiscal support which to say the least ...I was IN AWE of.

A friend of mine who has a blog that I have followed since I started my own, has reached out in an e-mail , and I am a mucho late in responding, but I'm giving it the ole' college try ! She sent me this letter and she did give me permission to post it, although I shortened it a bit...actually I tried, but I couldn't leave a word out of this well written message of kindness...A great person never needs their words shortened. So here it is-and this is a pic of Hallie and John with their great family.





From John and Hallie,

I've been reading your blog for quite awhile yet not sure how receptive you will be to me asking a favor. I know you have done some cool things for people in the past but not sure how you feel about donating. You probably get asked a lot but I thought I would take a chance.
Let me explain before you shake your head and think, "weirdo!" :)
6 years ago next week, my Dad received a new heart. He lived in a Boston hospital for 98 days basically waiting to get a new heart or to die. It was that cut and dry. The doctor's were brutally honest....at 59, he would die without a transplant. While there, we watched as several of his floormates died before a heart became available. It was hard. Very hard. Yet it happens more time each day than I care to think about.
Since that day (June 13th, 2003) I have passionately wanted to do SOMETHING, ANYTHING to help raise awareness about organ donation. I always believed that if my Dad's story helped change even one person's mind, then I would be a very happy daughter.

But you know what? I want to do more. I want to help in a BIG WAY.
I've been debating how one thankful daughter can make a difference, How I can help spread the word. How I can best honor not only my Dad but the memory of the donor as well.
What I know is that more eduaction is needed and that more people need to learn why organ donation is so very important. What I've found is that for some people, until they are faced with a loved one (or themself) needing an organ, they don't necessarily think about it. I wish that NO ONE ever had to face the excruciating choice involved in donating their loved ones organs, but I know that will never happen. If my Dad's donor family had NOT agreed to donate their son's heart, my Dad would not be here today.
What I decided to do is to hold a raffle in August to raise as much money as I possibly can. All the money I raise will be turned over to UNOS, an organization that works diligently to raise organ donation awareness.
I am using all of June and July to solicit donated items to raffle off in August.
Which is where you come in....I hope.
I know you lead an incredibly amazing life. And that you have daily adventures. And I know you come across some amazing stuff And I know your readership is big. All of which is something I don't really have.(Although I'm trying!!)
I was hoping that you might consider donating an item for the raffle. Any item would be great. I've sent out a call for donated goods via my blog and Facebook and have had a great response so far. (And I plan to keep asking until there's no one left to ask!) But I need more... a lot more. Because although it would be great if everyone in the world would just donate money to my cause, the reality is that people tend to donate more when they have the chance to win big. And quite honestly? I'm ok with that. If the possibility of winning something makes them buy more chances in my raffle, in turn raising more money, I think it's a win, win situation.
If you're still reading and haven't gotten distracted by the lure of the big city, I'd like to say thank you for even considering my request. :)
I really want to raise as much money as I can and am not afraid to ask everyone I can think of to help me do just that.
Please let me know if you would be willing to help. A donation from you would really help raise money for my cause.
Thanks again. I appreciate it more than you know.
Hallie Twomey
Auburn, ME
http://wonderfulworldofweiners.blogspot.com./ <----Click to see who they are !! DONATION SIGHT !! <-----Click Here !! Well it didn't need any more tweaking to get me on board.(Get it ?? Twea-KING !) I'm in !!Trust me, she's got some kickin' prizes going on , and if you visit her website you can see them !! I'll be throwing some King T's her way and whatever "Benjamins" or "Washington's" I can afford their way..trust me people IT ALL HELPS !! Educate yourself on being an organ donor and keeping good people alive...Thanks for reading...oh and below is a pic of The King T' which is now my uniform !! LMAO !!


King T open



King T folded..yup I folded it with the help of a you tube video. FOLD-A-SHIRT


...and just as I posted a before and after picture of my nephew, I am again in awe of the after...this is Hallie's Father and the results of an organ doner. Pre-tty fuckin' neat.... eh' ???.....in my best Dennis Leary accent .

The Man himself below.



So send an item, a donation, or even a thought. I had many emails of good tidings that really lifted my days , as well as my family. I would forward the kind words to them and it was a HUGE pick me up. I'll never forget watching my nephew read the letters from his schoolmates and the genuine love he felt as he reminisced of each classmate as he read the kind remarks of how they miss him on the card. Again ...I was in Awe....So let's keep AWE rolling for all the people who need transplants and help educate America on how to do so with out a black market.
Nuff said.



Now, on to my man "Old School" who told me he was playing some old school stuff as I happened upon him on a Sunday morning at 3 AM. Why he was on 6th Ave in the dark I don't know ?...but I pulled over, listened and enjoyed the music of the night like a phantom as "Old School" played a tune. He told me he had a cold at the end of the video , but no worries ever for the sounds of New York brought to the King's ears.







Old School strutting his stuff when he finished....The funny thing is, as I drove away he started to play The National Anthem without missing a beat , and I said to myself "pull over" "go back" "record it" ...but... that moment was mine and Old School's....again I was....in Awe....and YES I gave him a FEW BUCKS !!!

The Old School strut....lookin' good my man.


So as I made my way to the Port Authority terminal, I passed the New York Times building which a couple of cats climbed last year. the first dude was a professional from france and the second dude who did it was from Sunset Park, Brooklyn. Can you dig it ?? HaHa well I can !! Anyway, the white part used to reach the top of the doors, but they removed pieces of it so nobody else would climb it !! Still nice to see there is NO shortage of Taxi's !!



A familiar sight while waiting at the P.A. ....hustlers, tourists, pimps, ho's ..oh yeah...and me !!




This lady to my surprise stopped short and pulled her pants down right in front of me !!! Only to reveal ANOTHER pair of pants !!! Is there no penalty for this ??!?!?!?!?! I'm just happy I wasn't scarred fo' life on this one yo !! LMFAO !! ( That means I am Laughing my fucking ass off. )




However....even after a horrific moment as that I can keep rhythmic pulse of the city to a normal beat , especially when I walk by the Ralph Kramden (Jackie Gleason) statue where many a hack take a seat during the slow hours. As Jackie who gre up in Brooklyn used to say as us Hacks do all the time in thee Big Apple ...." How Sweeeeet It Is !!!!!



" My brother used to do the imitation of "And Away Weee Goooo !!!" on the city bus when we were on our way home from grammar school, to the riders delight. I have witnesses if need be. We watched the Honeymooners every night at 11'O'clock......great times...check out the windows above with the reflection of cabs at the P.A. , that isn't any photoshop nonsense...and I won't mention how it looks like the cabbie sitting there is blowing Ralph..hahaha....WHAT ??~?!! I didn't say that !!!



The plaque reads:

Jackie Gleason as Ralph Kramden
Bus Driver - Raccoon Lodge Treasurer - Dreamer
Presented by the People of TV Land


With that grin...once again I am in...you said it ....Awe.




So as I finish up , I know if you got this far it was a lot to read, but here you are , and that much better for it , because now you get a full...and I mean FULL...body glimpse of the King wearing a King-T wishing you nothing less than .....to " Live Long And Prosper".
Hey, what can I say, my brother turned me into a Trekkie. Damn fun movie though !



So in closing, I have not the logical emotions of Mr Spock...nor am I Captain Kirk, or Scotty..albeit I could share a few whiskey shots with him , as I celebrate the 12th passing anniversary of the toughest woman I ever met ...my Mother..who fought a long and arduous fight against Cancer and beat the living shit out of it for 20 God Damn Years !! Yup , I said TWENTY !! Tough as nails...this is her before she had the likes of me.


No matter how young you get or old you are... you're Mom is ALWAYS you're Mom. Tough as nails I tell ya'...and as one of her friends told me at her funeral, " She went straight up Eddie, STRAIGHT UP she went.. NO STOPS !! " ...I'll never forget those words , and have passed them on because that is our job as human beings. Below was my Mother's favorite quote she used quite often, and still hangs in my Father's house. She also liked "Love your Enemies , they'll hate ya' for it " or something like that, but that was my Mom...Thanks for watching over us pal. I am still ....in AWE of you.....XOXO



I'm not getting smooshy on ya, I'm just in AWE that you got this far...
Don't forget John And Hallie, their going straight up too , but not for a loooooong time....as I am still, and remain , your friend... The King Of New York Hacks.
Thanks for stopping by folks, and like my brother D.C. Cabbie says , please don't forget the homeless.

120 comments:

  1. And I'm in awe of you - King. You never cease to amaze me. Excellent and real, as usual!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply awesome. You really do have a huge heart. Thank you for doing this. I don't think you'll ever know how much I appreciate it.

    Hallie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat post...your mom is beautiful! I feel for Hallie and will hop over there to see what I can do.

    Thanks for the tour, again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't Hallie great? Now there is one more thing that I want to win in the raffle!

    I love your pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the videos in your posts are my absolute favorite. I'm in awe that your following is so big and you still stop to help out a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went all the way through that post - you sure did cover a lot of ground in words and emotion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was stuck in traffic on 95 just this afternoon north of the Cross Bronx. Bailed out to 287 and the Tappan Zee. Missed the skyline. So your blog was a welcome surprise to a girl who doesn't get to NYC as often as I'd like. Keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You make me miss the city. (I'm from there.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. king,
    Thanks for stopping in on my blogs. I'm in France right now and will be a more faithful follower of yours when I return home. Thanks for your kind comments.
    V

    ReplyDelete
  10. New York is at the very top of my bucket list. I've hit Chicago a few times from Columbus, OH. Chicago is a short enough drive for us.

    .... we'll get there soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful post!! I loved reading it!

    Your comment on my blog cracked me up about the cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so happy that you stopped by and liked the firefighter piece, most importantly because it led me to your blog! Thanks for the link to the Damn Fine Bravest video - just beautiful. Did this Irish gal's heart proud. I'm going to go meander around New York for awhile via your blog! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! - you've been absent for a while but now you're back with a bang! - great post and I'll try and help out

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for you input on my blog! It meant a lot. As for Hallie...yeah, she's COOL people!!!

    I loved what you shared about your mom. She seemed like not only a fighter but raised on hell of a guy too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. She pulled down her pants to reveal another pair of pants?

    I HAVE to get to NYC someday..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh the joys of NYC! I can't wait, we'll be there Aug 15th.

    So glad you nephew has taken well to the transplant.

    And yes, the people I have met through blogging continue to amaze me with their kind hearts and generosity.

    ReplyDelete
  17. dude- that brought tears to my eyes.


    straight up.

    ReplyDelete
  18. hey there,
    thanks so much for the sweet bday wishes!! your posts crack me up, i just love them and your pictures are priceless! have a great day in that great city of yours!
    hugs,
    shelley
    http://iamstillstandingafterallthistime.blogspot.com
    http://theplaygroundprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. new york, my favorite city!

    what a wonderful idea for a blog- love it....

    looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm heading to NYC tomorrow! Can't wait. Your awe is contagious.

    Great pictures and blog. I'll completely be back to check you out.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey, thanks for coming by my blog and leaving a comment. It cracked me up.
    Loved looking at the pictures on your blog. NY is amazing, some day I am coming to visit and will take a taxi ride. I have to get over my fear of flying first though. lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks fro stopping by my blog. I need to come back here when I have time to do some stalking!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've been missing you! AWEsome post!

    I will check out your friend's charity. She rocks!

    Beautiful picture of your Mom. I love "Straight up". I'd never heard that before.

    Drive safe.

    ReplyDelete
  24. thanks again for another vacation... you made me laugh and cry all within a few minutes... and what a smile on your mother, she was beautiful! thanks for stopping by my blog and for leaving the nice comment, it's been too long since we had a visit, i will try to be better. now i gotta go click that link to see what's on that raffle! take care and god bless!

    ReplyDelete
  25. again, how you think, and feel, and put it down on the blog totally amazes me. i really love visiting your blog for the pictures and also because you make us readers think about things from different angles. thanks for having such a caring heart, eddie. i would consider it a privilage to be a passenger in your cab some day.
    you mama is beautiful. i bet you miss her so much. she must be where you get your wonderful heart from, in how you care about peeps.
    i will check out hailies site.
    i am glad to hear your nephew is doing well. such cute twins they are.
    take care of yourself ed, and god bless and keep you safe in that cRaZy city that i love. were you around the towers when 9-11 happened? i'd like to read a post on that if you could muster it up. but if it will make you sad then dont do it...k?

    hugs,

    chris

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yeah, totaly in agreement with the ones above YOU are the one to be in awe of, you tough old sweeeeet softie, you.

    T-shirt is freaking great! I got about $3.00 in my Paypal account now, but that will change eventually, and I'll be spreading some fiscal love around.

    Your mother was beautiful.

    LOVE YA, King!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So awesome that your nephew got his kidney! Organ donation is tough thing.. thanks for spreading the awareness.

    you write about so many different things and they flow nicely from one topic to another- so glad you stopped by my blog.

    oh yeah- and I love me some street musicians!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I spent ten years in NYC until last summer, and I miss it! I've seen my fair share of the back seat of cabs. :)

    That sounds dirtier than I intended...

    And your mom was really PRETTY.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is my first (of many, I suspect!) visit to your blog and when I read on your profile that you're a cab driver in New York, I really was hooked :) Thanks for sharing all these pictures of amazing places people probably never stop and stare at; a New York "novice" like me appreciate and enjoyed it A LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ok, as of now you have a new stalker on your blog. The double pants lady made me laugh out loud.

    "Love your Enemies , they'll hate ya' for it "
    :-) I like your mother's favorite quote.

    ReplyDelete
  31. If someone had told me there was a statue of Ralph Kramden, I would not have believed it!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great t-shirt.

    I see Maggie on your blog roll and her last post pertains to yours...about all the emotional juxtaposition of the giving and receiving of organs and lives..

    But you probably read it.

    Thanks for stopping by this week.

    ReplyDelete
  33. My first visit and a really great read. Plus, I heart NYC. My favorite city. You have a great sense of wit and reality. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  34. There’s a place called Bklyn-Qns Expwy in New York? Even the Welsh couldn’t come up with a name like that, much less pronounce it: I congratulate you, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks for visiting, Eddie, and glad I came upon this thoughtful post featuring two wonderful women. Good stuff.

    Adrian the cabbie.

    ReplyDelete
  36. King, thanks for stopping by and commenting on the muffins. LOL. I'll have to send you some and we can split the profits!

    Great blog. New York is my favorite city to visit (and I especially love the cab rides)... maybe we'll run into you some day.

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is quite the wonderful post. Truly awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Loved every word of your post. I'm in awe. My heart goes out to your friends and their cause. I'll try to spread the word on my blog too.

    Scribe of Scribing Life

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great post. I will definitely be sending a donation and will spread the word.

    Great photos and story. Glad I found your site. Thanks for stopping by mine and commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  40. KING -

    the other day you stopped by CHEERUPNATION and left a cool comment, so I knew I was going to have to check out your site. Wow! I'm so glad I did! Dude, you use my favorite words "I'm in AWE of..."

    I think the reason many of us lead average dull lives is that we've forgotten to take a step back and be in AWE of life around us. I'm contintually in AWE at the amazing things people are doing right now, photographers, artists, altruists, doctors, technology, kids!

    thanks for taking the time to write such a great, REAL, and long! post.

    i'll be subscribing!

    oh, and i used to live in NYC as well. and awe loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Thanks for visiting my blog ... loved your post .. I am in awe .. that Hallie acknowledged you .. I too read about her father and the pay it back she was doing, I posted on her blog that I was going to post about it on mine and link to her's. She never stopped by, she never emailed, she never acknowledged my post or my words .. so trust me, my awe at her dealing with you is not exaggerated.

    Hope to see you again .. here in blog world or maybe one day on the street when I am standing curbside waving like the princess I am .. taxi!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I don't know how you found me King, but I am glad you did. I am in awe that you left a bloggy comment on little ol' my blog. Your blog is great - I will be stopping back by to check for new posts.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I'm so glad I followed you home. I'm in awe that you can write a post that long and keep me interested to the very end. Now that is AWE some!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I just found your blog amd i love it! I waslucky enough to get a corneal transplant last September and it totally changed my entire life! one of the most rewarding things ever was to write the thank you note to the Atlanta Eye bank.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I am so glad you stopped by my blog so I could find yours! Your blog is just awesome!! Your writing, your photos, the videos - I'll be back often to visit!! :) Silke

    ReplyDelete
  46. Oh...that was real! I can hear your accent through your great post!!

    Thanks for the ride...and keep the change!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Okay, I clicked on your comment on my blog and came here, scrolled through and thought: THIS IS ONE LONG ENTRY...but then I started reading it and it is also something many long-long entries are not..INTERESTING ;).

    You are quite a man, with a very big heart and obviously many good stories to tell.

    Your Mom was so very beautiful and it is clear she was so precious to you.....tough as nails, but soft too. Peace to her and peace to you.
    ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  48. What a fantastic blog! The love, passion and vision by which you express your city and thoughts is beautiful. I'm going to enjoy reading more from you I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  49. thanks for stopping by my blog! and DUDE!!! I've never been so scared as I was when I was in a NYC cab!!!! OMG!!! You guys are CRAZY!!!! I was petrified and prayed the whole entire time.

    Nice t-shirt btw.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Yup. You got that right, your mom's always your mom.

    Awesome post.

    Headin' over to John and Hallie...

    ReplyDelete
  51. This is incredible! What a heartfelt and stirring post. Thank you for it.

    And thanks for visiting my blog the other day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  52. Wow - this is one great post!

    May you never lose your ability to laugh, feel wonder and awe and practice acts of kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  53. what a great post!! Thanks King...love the photo of the moon and the esb...cant wait to see it again - i am coming to NYC this weekend! wheee! and i AM signed up to be an organ donor in case one of those crazy cabbies at the PA gets a little enthusiastic when my pants fall!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  54. If self-promotion is wrong, I don't want to be right. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  55. It's allways a pleasure stopping by! Next time I go to NYC I'll let you know and take a picture of you! :-)
    Cheers, King!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Thanks for your visit :)

    Interesting story !!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  57. Two thumbs up for an excellent post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  58. Your mother was a knock-out, and that's no lie.
    Nice post. As usual.
    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  59. WoW! What a post! Very thought provoking & very interesting. I think you to be a very cool cat, not to mention a philanthropist. I've always believed in the pay-it-forward thing... long before it had a name.

    Thanks for commenting on my blog & for voting!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Not sure how you found me but really glad you did!! I look forward to hangin' out. You sound like a good guy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  61. Straight up and Real! That's how I like it! Thanks for stoppin' by! Look forward to lots more of your musings...great post!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Thanks for the follow. I'm now following your awesome blog.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Hallie is one of my faves - and she loves dachshunds! Two years ago, we had a student on hospital-homebound due to kidney disease. I love this kid! He is always smiling - even when he is soooo sick. Last year, they removed his kidneys and now he is on dialysis every night. He is waiting on a kidney. Because of a blood disease, he has become a complicated case.

    I'd do anything to help this kid get a kidney. He deserves the chance to get well, go back to school, and just be a kid again.

    Thanks for sharing all your AWE! You left me in AWE.

    ReplyDelete
  64. Good luck to Hallie with her endeavor. I hope it is tremendously successful. I did a post about organ donations a few weeks ago. I so wish our country would adopt an opt-out program instead of an opt-in.

    ReplyDelete
  65. Very fine post. Makes me homesick for NYC.

    ReplyDelete
  66. King-thats for stopping by and I support organ donating. My sister in law died waiting for a heart. I have a friend now waiting for a kidney. I think we all need to do our part in paying it forward and helping others in the best ways we can.
    You have some wonderful pictures! Dont be a stranger here!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Hi there, Thanks for coming by my blog! Hope to see you around there again and I also hope you update yours soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  68. I love the "How sweet it is" sign.

    Your mom was so beautiful! Straight up! I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  69. you are a truly interesting person. If I'm ever in New York again I'm gonna look you up. Thanks for being my first follower, btw. Nobody else seems interested in me. But I can certainly understand why so many people seem to love you. Simply wonderful. thank you for the thought provoking blog. You made my night.

    ReplyDelete
  70. wow! now am in awe of the king of awe!

    ReplyDelete
  71. you have more conviction in your blog then most people have in their entire lives. Thanks for writing this blog. It got me thinking and it certainly captivated me. You are a very special person, my friend. If I manage to get to New York this year, I'm gonna find you to drive me around. modeling jobs tend to be less fun and more "pain in the butt" then anything else and I'd rather listen to your stories during a ride to some God forsaken photo shoot then anything else. Keep up the blogging...you're a great man.

    ReplyDelete
  72. WOW! Is all I can say! Just looking at those photo's looks and whatnot scares me to visit the super fast paced life of NY. Yet I have always dreamed of it. Those are great photo's!

    I've enjoyed reading and viewing the pics on your blog.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying a prayer for our friends baby. She was actually born just yesterday weighing 2 lb. 3 oz. but is doing well, considering. I'm going to post an update with some photos (if the parents give me permission) soon. Thanks again. I'm following you now!

    Your new friend,
    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  73. Just one other thing about the moon landings. They were building a housing estate over here when it happened, so they called it Tranquiliry Grove
    With Armstrong walk and Eagle way it is all there. I am sure you can find it on Google Earth

    ReplyDelete
  74. Great idea for a raffel. Im a donor.

    ReplyDelete
  75. I am glad that I finally got the chance to stop by at your place here. Wow! Great pictures and what a great heart you have...and a great sense of humor. Seriously, I just want to give you a giant hug right now. I really am sorry about your mom but I am thankful that you had such a good mom. I really enjoyed reading this post and look forward to reading future posts of yours! Hugs, Lori

    PS Thanks for stopping by my place recently...sorry it took me so long to get over here!

    ReplyDelete
  76. Your mother was beautiful.I love that she was tough, too. I'm not in awe of people who figure out their MP3 player or Blackberry either (though I should be because I'm totally illiterate in those areas), but I laughed out loud when I read your description.

    ReplyDelete
  77. You're right it was long, but well worth the extra minute or two it took to read. Your mom is so beautiful. Also, I'm following your blog because this was so interesting, I can't wait to read more about all the crazy things you witness in New York.

    ReplyDelete
  78. Thanks for your comment :) Your website is great. I'm really enjoying it so far!

    ReplyDelete
  79. Hey! Thanks for swinging by my blog.."pooetry" lmao! I was excited to read your post about organ donation...my friend works for IOPO (Indiana Organ Procurement Organization) and I'm going to pass the link to your post on to her. I think every state has an "OPO." Great stories... so glad about the kidney!

    ReplyDelete
  80. Well, King of New York Hacks, that was one mighty long post. Just doing a drive-by to say hi. The moon, the organ donations and New York City.

    ReplyDelete
  81. Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. You hooked me up with another awesome blog to read!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  82. Thank you for stopping by and the comment! I am glad to hear about your nephew. Thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  83. Dear Mr. Hack, Thanks for visiting my pitiful blog & commenting! I feel like I'm talking to myself over there most of the time - except for Norma! Anyway, don't be afraid! Come back often. I'll promise to post more stuff but I can't meet your high quality posts. Hey, I love New York! I might be a died in the wool Southern girl but I love New York.

    Come back often - just watch where you put your apostrophes! :-)

    Take care! ~~ Deb

    ReplyDelete
  84. Your mother is beautiful....the gene continues....xo

    ReplyDelete
  85. I'm going to make it my goal to sign up for organ donation. I used to be signed on, but somehow my renewal got fouled up and I'm no longer enrolled. It's something I've been meaning to do but it gets pushed to the back burner (life, kids, job, house, dog, car....) but thanks to you, to your nephew, your friends Hallie & John, I will put it back to the front.

    ReplyDelete
  86. Excellent blog, nice post. I saw your blog after suggesting by businessvartha. I love this and so proud to vote for this beautiful blog. I VOTED FOR YOU, I recommend your blog to other friends also. They too Voting for this blog. I hope you will grace me with your precious Vote. Just copy this link to your browser
    http://bloggerschoiceawards.com/blogs/show/70216

    ReplyDelete
  87. Love your blog. I've only been to NYC once, but you make me feel like I'm riding along with "The King."
    P.S. Thank you so much for posting Hallie's letter and fund raiser info. We are all so proud of her creativity and fund raising results!

    ReplyDelete
  88. Your mother sounds like a beautiful lady, inside & out. As you know I've recently lost my Mom, am hoping that in time the loss will be more bearable.

    ReplyDelete
  89. Your blog is great! Thanks for giving me some tips on my blog too! Yup, your posts are real long but it`s a fantastic blog.

    xx Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  90. 1) Your mom was beautiful.
    2) My father-in-law drove a cab in New York.
    3) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  91. Thanks for the comment on my blog. I'm checking yours out and it's great. I'm facinated with anything New York anyway. ;) Fantastic pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  92. So glad you can still experience AWE as so many people don't anymore and that's sad. Your mom is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  93. "Awe"some post! My husband grew up in NYC, and reading your post makes me feel like I'm with his grandfather in Queens. Not that you're a grandfather, but you get what I mean...

    ReplyDelete
  94. Wow, I feel like I'm in NY. . . I would probably yell DUDE if I could get a Blackberry to integrate to anything, good thing to be in awe of. Your mom was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  95. Thanks for coming to visit! You have an intriguing blog -- it's truly like standing on an NYC street corner, with the sights and sounds and smells of New York filling your head....

    ReplyDelete
  96. You had me at 'hello'. I know, sounds like a pick up line. It's not.

    And out of all the places in the world you stop, in a day, reading blogs, you stopped by mine today.

    I am honored and humbled. You have a great place here. I love your heart! It's the real deal!

    So King, I'm gonna have to place you on my blog roll. You have awed me. . . over and over in one post!

    Your mother is beautiful! I know she is proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  97. I loved the part about your mother. She was indeed a very beautiful woman. I can also see that she raised you proper.

    Have a terrific day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  98. wow.thanks for droppingby tonight so i could find you...you ran quite a gambit in this one...i am in awe....tough mom and all. thanks for the intro...i'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  99. 99 comments before me. Doesn't bode well that you'll actually ever read mine lol. I read the whole story, I liked it alot. I LOVE NY! So... I'll probably be back ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  100. Thanks for stopping by my food blog and commenting.

    The New England coastline is beautiful. At least make it up here for a visit.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  101. You've got a great blog.

    Your mother was stunningly beautiful!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  102. Thanks for the tour of New York city, I've always wanted to see it : )

    You're Mom was a beautiful lady.

    ReplyDelete
  103. What a great post! This is my first time here. Looking forward to coming back.

    Winks & Smiles,
    Wifey

    ReplyDelete
  104. Man, glad I flagged you down!
    thanks for swinging by my Hawaii blog. From one night-time taxi driver to another, Bruddah!
    You make me miss driving, and the night - though Honolulu is different from NYC. Da Big Pineapple would surprise you though if you went off the tourist path with a local some time.
    You making me miss da City though ;-]

    Thanks & aloha

    Comfort Spiral

    ReplyDelete
  105. What an interesting an readable post - a lot to learn for a Norwegian you know - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  106. Beautiful lady. As you said- young or old your mother is still your mother. My mom has been gone 2years and I miss her more and more instead of less as time goes.

    ReplyDelete
  107. wow that was a fun and educational post!! your mom was beautiful by the way!! thanks for coming by my blog...i had a BLAST checking yours out! I will definitely be back!!

    ReplyDelete
  108. Hi King, m yfirs ttime over and thanks for the visit. I can't believe I read throught the whole post. My mind is in a whirl! So much covered. Kudos for your nephew and hope he recovers well. I found out I couldn't donate( kidneys anyway )due to having had Malaria( twice ). Besides, Mom doesn't want a transplant anyway. I too, know the hardships and emotional strain of lengthy illnesses with family...

    Love the photos and your POV of Brooklyn and over at the PA( gee, I've not been to NYC in a few... ) The Great One had that statue coming, didn't he?

    If I ever end up stuck on the CBE, I'll know who to call for a ride! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  109. Hey there- thanks for dropping by and allowing me to find your blog- what an intersting post. I especially liked the 'Old School' Video- if you see him again tell him his playing would have got a few bucks from me as well!

    ReplyDelete
  110. Hey! Thanks for the comment.So you are a cabby from NY. I've only been to NY a few times.The last time was about 8 yrs ago I think. I had a great time.Especailly the corner hotdog stands.OMG! The best damn sausage dogs I ever had.I hope to visit there again when the economy will let me.LMAO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  111. "Awe" is one of my favorite words in the english language. And you, Mr King of NY Hacks, seem to be pretty aweseome. Thanks for stopping by my blog and linking over to yours. I'll see ya around.

    ReplyDelete
  112. You are awesome.

    A fellow trekkie and French knot embroiderer........ wink!

    ReplyDelete
  113. Haha, I'll have to take your word about a taxi being an experience...I've never been in one! I only rode the train for the first time a month ago while visiting friends. I'm not much of a city girl, I guess. :)

    Ok, off to Hallie's site...

    ReplyDelete
  114. Wow!! You do manage to capture quite a lot.. with your words, eyes and camera. I lived in New York for two and a half years.. half an hour from GCT.. and I totally love NYC. So right you are about moms ..they are eternally beautiful!
    Glad for your nephew.

    ReplyDelete
  115. I am in AWE! What a great post. I am thnakful for those who donate so that others may live. My mom was only able to ward off cancer for one year, so kudos to your mom!

    Thanks for stopping by my post yesterday...you should get a kayak and yes people do use them in the ocean, which is something that's on my "goal" list!

    Take care King, Kris

    ReplyDelete
  116. Thanks for coming by and seeing my Peacock..that little rascal runs all around our country neighborhood, which looks far different from yours!

    I read all of this post to the end, what a good son, and wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  117. Awww. Thanks for the heartwarm... this was really great. You're a good egg.

    ReplyDelete
  118. Nice ;)
    thanks.

    well, I'm not spanish and I think you have written in spanish but it doesn't matter because I understand :p
    I am Débora and I'm from Portugal, nice to meet you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  119. Today is my lucky day :)
    Apple is giving review copies of iPad to 100 lucky person. Go to http://bit.ly/cmmVr7 and apply for it.

    ReplyDelete
  120. Guy
    You have got to see this. Obama playing on XBox. Funniest video ever. http://bit.ly/bllhx1

    ReplyDelete