KING OF NEW YORK HACKS

Follow and ye shall be Knighted !!!
KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE !

KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE

Share

Twitter Follow

Follow KINGOFNYHACKS on Twitter

Monday, September 7, 2009

Silent September...Remember.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.

-Ronald Reagan



It is said the eagle was used as a national emblem because, at one of the first battles of the Revolution (which occurred early in the morning) the noise of the struggle awoke the sleeping eagles on the heights and they flew from their nests and circled about over the heads of the fighting men, all the while giving vent to their raucous cries. "They are shrieking for Freedom," said the patriots.
Thus the eagle, full of the boundless spirit of freedom, living above the valleys, strong and powerful in his might, has become the national emblem of a country that offers freedom in word and thought and an opportunity for a full and free expansion into the boundless space of the future.

--Maude M. Grant



This is outside of Madison Square Garden where I fought George Foreman, Mike Tyson and Joe Frazier...for a taxicab... after a Lionel Richie concert. ;-) Hope everyone had a great and safe holiday. I'm no Heavyweight champion....just a little heavyweight because of the George Foreman grill...and I can't sing like Lionel Richie...however I can drive these streets of Freedom as an Eagle soars its sky, as I remain your friend, The King of New York Hacks. One more post tomorrow and then I'll post again on 9/11 with my pictures and thoughts of Ground Zero, til then my friends. Peace out peeps.

20 comments:

  1. ha. i thought the george foreman grill was supposed to help with the heavy weight. so who got the taxi? lol. hope you had a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. September is full of sorrow now sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could come see all of these things for myself. I love NY... I know, I'm repeating myself. Some of us aren't lucky enough to live there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll repeat myself too, I love NYC. I will be back next summer.

    Great pictures and quotes again.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. here's to the eagles! i loved living there, and miss it terribly at times, but the pain knowing that date approaches is still as intense as it was 6 years ago....

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've really gone through a lot of trouble with the posting of your silent Septembers :) Seems like the word of the day is Freedom as I've heard it about three times already today. Love the fight for a taxicab story ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey KONYH's, another great set of pics and qoutes. My very best to you in these days ahead. September is never the same for me anymore. Drop by the 10th thru the 12th and check my postings out. I've put together a video tribute and then also am reposting a poem I wrote 4 years ago. Be safe out there brother.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a majestic bird, the eagle. Love your photos, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorilla wouldn't have fallen for the rope-a-dope.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pictures. Looking forward to the 9/11 post.

    What is up with GTR's response? I got several of those from someone named Bob; clicked his link and BAAAADDDD things happened to my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. King I have passed on a blog award to you...stop by and pick it up.


    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad I found this blog this week. Wouldn't have wanted to miss this. These quotes are fab... as is your ending blurb about fighting heavyweights.
    I hope you're my cabby next time I'm in the city!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. After taking up the cause for freedom in the Navy and Army, I find some of to-day's freedoms are becoming a bit limited...or maybe that's just me...

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks for gracing us with this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE THE EAGLES ON THOSE PICS.YES I am an eagle lover.I have a curio that has nothing but eagles in it.All have different poses.I LOVE IT.That one of the eagle with the twin towers I just feel in love with that.I would love to have that beauty in my curio.I guess I'll try to find one.I am very happy to be commenting on your posts.I really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE THE EAGLES ON THOSE PICS.YES I am an eagle lover.I have a curio that has nothing but eagles in it.All have different poses.I LOVE IT.That one of the eagle with the twin towers I just feel in love with that.I would love to have that beauty in my curio.I guess I'll try to find one.I am very happy to be commenting on your posts.I really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great pics and powerful words, as always.
    Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  18. wish I could come see all of these things for myself. I love NY... I know, I'm repeating myself. Some of us aren't lucky enough to live there.
    How to make a website

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so happy you found me!! This is an amazing post. I am so angered by those who want to lessen the meaning of this day. It will always be a day to remember what was done to us. If there is a need for a day of service, it can be on May 23rd or some other obscure day that has no other significance attached to it.
    I had the hardest time getting through the childrens quilt, went out and came back and forced myself to finish reading, tears are dripping from my cheeks as I write this.
    WE WILL NEVER FORGET!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome pictures and great dedication post!

    My prayers go out to the families of the ones who were lost.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete