KING OF NEW YORK HACKS

Follow and ye shall be Knighted !!!
KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE !

KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE

Share

Twitter Follow

Follow KINGOFNYHACKS on Twitter

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The King, and One Tree from 3 Views.

I like trees. No not THOSE "trees" ya pothead...but trees in general...although I think those trees should be grown as well...probably reduce the fires since the people who would buy them would never let them dry out ha ha ha.OK, seriously...

I like the way they grow, and change, and as we walk by them all the time, perhaps the ones we are familiar with... we grow to love. We notice if a branch is missing, we look forward to the new leaves in spring and witness the very leaves falling in their beauty as if we are watching our loved ones leave for a holiday..yet we always have in the back of our mind Spring. They will be back...albeit through their injuries of lost branches , leaves and dog urine,,,they WILL be back.

Unconsciously we notice it whether you like it or not. When those trees will be reborn and change, as we change, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse...I know I've certainly needed some pruning over the years, and even perhaps been pissed on, but who am I to judge a tree. I am nonjudgmental, towards people...and trees. However for better or for worse , that tree is our friend, especially for dogs.

I drive all different people from all walks of life, and I have yet to hear someone in my Taxi tell me..."That Christmas tree looks like shit !!" ...I'm with Charlie Brown on this one, the tree is what we make of it, such is our life...and as you read further the last quote from an author with the same first name as Mr.Brown albeit Mr.Dickens was never quite creative enough to draw a dog called Snoopy...His quote resonates as loudly today as it ever did...Enjoy all.


"Never worry about the size of your Christmas tree. In the eyes of children, they are all thirty feet tall."

-- Larry Wilde


Wall St Tree

Breakfast


And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more. ~Dr. Seuss

Lunch


I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys.
~Charles Dickens



and...Dinner. ;-)

and so in closing , I am not a tree...a Taxi hack can't stand to be grounded or we are losing money...the leaves of our profits if you may, but maybe mine and your good deeds can create some prophets of good will instead..MONEY ??!?!?!?! Its Christmas !!!! Who cares ?!?! Indeed , let us care more about others who really need it, ourselves and family and that of our fellow man who recognizes good will and not greed. I know I will try to....NO... I WILL DO...and to to sum it up..."It ain't fuckin' easy !!!" ....but then again nothing in life ever worthwhile is. So I recommend it, and will keep bringing you through the chaos of my life these stable trees and chaotic scenes of the city that are also the stability of a Christmas present that we can all unwrap....its only December 2nd peeps....and The King has a LOT more.

I'm not Charles Dickens...and as I listen to the heartbeat of the rain echo through the hollow of my Taxi , maybe I have been an Ebenezer Scrooge now and again....with my regrets.....but wholeheartedly I remain ...The King Of New York Hacks.... Peace out Elfers !

24 comments:

  1. Those three tree pics are AWE-SOME!!!! Thank you!

    I love when the trees are nice and fresh-- and you can smell them before you turn the corner and see them :-)

    Happy Holiday King!

    jj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, Splendid, Magnificient!!! I love the pictures and even a soft whiff of the Christmas holiday season. I was in NY last holiday season, this year I am not, but feel transported back to the streets even as a scroll through your post.

    Best of the season's greetings to you, King!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the pictures, the tree is glorious. Esp at night of course. You may not be Dickens but your words are as beautiful. thanks I needed them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for these beautiful pictures. I also like what you write, your words come from the heart.
    Lots of greetings from Germany. Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also greetings from Germany! I grew up in NJ (sorry I know!) and have such good memories of going to the city to see all the lights and decorations. I hope to spend Christmas there some day. Thanks for sharing your pictures of the gorgeous tree.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i always new it would be beautiful in nyc at the holidays... just like on TV.

    thanks for sharing!

    c

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantatic, King!!

    My favorite line is: "a kind, forgiving, charitable time;"

    We just need to extend this throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your job is interesting, where you live is interesting, the passengers diversities must be interesting. The view from your part of the world is beautiful. Good for you that you are aware of that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for taking me there to see the trimming of that gorgeous tree. I can smell it and hear the sounds of all the people, vehicles, and other noises of the city.

    Exciting. Thanks.
    PG

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the tree pics! Thank you for sharing them. I look forward to seeing more as the season progresses.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous!! I've been going back and forth on whether to put up a tree, since I live on my own...but after this post, screw it! I'm putting up a tree, even if it's just me, the cat and the bird!

    ReplyDelete
  12. An American cab with the heart of a true celtic poet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool progression through the day. The quotes added a lot. Dang you're good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was really an inspiring piece!

    I agree, any Christmas tree is spectacular to a child!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love seeing this tree at different times of day. I bet you see a lot of interesting decorations on your travels, it would be fun to see more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just stopped by here since, somehow, you dropped by my blog and left a hysterical comment. You are terrific and I love the tree photos and all that you have to say!

    I always thought driving a cab must be a bit difficult....I know in San Francisco cabbies often get stiffed for fares and robbed and treated like they are less than human. It is often a thankless job - sometimes like forensic nursing was for 21 years, until the mayor eliminated my position in massive budget cut to the Dept of Public Health in Feb. My sons thought, at 64-1/2, I should retire, that I'd seen enough child abuse and rape cases and missed enough sleep to last a lifetime...but I miss it and I'd rather be working than blogging, even!

    Drive safe and keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. FIRST!....(time visitor)
    HA!
    Loved the bit on trees, however, about dog urine. It has ammonia in it and this helps trees.
    Cool, huh?
    Course, not so much cut trees. No roots there....

    Birds really like trees. It seems that buckshot doesn't always make its way through a well leaved tree, which is good consideration for our feathered friends.
    Well, sort'a. Funny enough, one animal (dogs) waste helps the trees and another animal (birds)(that's "boids" if you're from New York) is a real window washing pain.
    Then again, I'm with ya a hundred and ten percent. I like trees! (that's 100% like trees and 10% cleaning my windows again!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous shots! There's no place like NYC at Christmastime. The sights, sounds and smells.....I can close my eyes and I'm transported.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely beautiful pictures. I love your blog. Merry Christmas, and I hope you stay warm and have a wonderful time.molly

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a great site you have here. I just found it from a friend's page. I have a humor blog as well and I'd like to exchange links with you. This will spread some traffic around between us. Let me know if this is cool.

    Jason
    HilariousHeadlines TALK

    ReplyDelete
  21. I enjoyed this post alot. I especially enjoyed how you wove dickens and Seuss into it. And I truly enjoyed your words to encourage us all to remember what this time is about.....what every moment of our lives should be about. My warmest regards to you and yours this Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your photos are fabulous! Thanks for sharing your city with us!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a nice post you did on my birthday, was it a present for me?

    I just saw a photograph you simply must see. It's in the right hand column of this guys blog. It's hysterical!!!!! You'll know which thing and why it's so funny the moment you see it. Happy New Year!!

    http://paneerkadhi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. you can smell them before you turn the corner and see them :-)

    Work from home India

    ReplyDelete