KING OF NEW YORK HACKS

Follow and ye shall be Knighted !!!
KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE !

KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE

Share

Twitter Follow

Follow KINGOFNYHACKS on Twitter

Monday, January 11, 2010

Chris with Teacup....The Genius of Living Photography.

Not Taxi related, but photography which is a big part of my blog.

This is going to have a profound affect on some of my picture taking this year, big time. Photographers are expected to be able to create their work with a refined sense of lighting,compositional skills and an eye for the unseen.

You know what's even more demanding?
Real life photography.

Here's an example of living photography called 'Chris with teacup.'




Now I may not be as creative a genius as Chris with the Teacup, but he has inspired me on many ideas as I search these city streets for my living photo, maybe a cop holding his baton for 30 seconds before he upsides someones head, or maybe a Sanitation man holding a trash pail over his truck for a bit...or maybe a Taxi driver picking his nose for the duration of a red light...hmmmm...the ideas are endless ...

I am not Chris the Creative but I shall remain taking pics and hopefully get some living one's and start the year off as... The King Of New York Hacks.

Thanks for all the New Year wishes all , I hope we all have a very prosperous and healthy year filled with lots of laughter and good times to all. Peace out peepers.

20 comments:

  1. LOL....i could do pictures like that..but could I get them to sit still long enough???

    heading to the big, bad, most amazing, awesome-est city in the world on friday. hope to run into the King's cab!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Cris needs to put a shirt on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing! like the idea for your living pic as well...stay warm in that cab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. some of my art school friends would like this. not myself so much though.

    It wouldn't be photography. Not all photos that have perfect resolution, lighting, and content make for good photos. ;)

    Taking a video of someone who is sitting still, posing, isn't a photograph. It's still a video. Technically speaking of course. I think I prefer the paper versions. lol But i guess it all depends on what the artist is wanting. It's all subjective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excited to see what you come up with!! And glad to see a post by you. Was wondering where you went!!

    Hallie :)

    Slept in my HACK shirt last night!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't a shadow of a doubt that the year will be filled with outstanding posts and equally outstanding pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to know you feel you are almost as qualified as the Chris in the video with the pretty tea cup.

    ReplyDelete
  8. AND PEACE BE WITH YOU AS WELL!

    Looking forward to your ' living photography'. Who knows - maybe I'll try some.

    PG

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you are doing good my fellow hack. Life is going all right over here in corn country. Glad the holidays are over.

    Good luck with the photography. Looking forward to some more regular postings.

    Be good to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chris is kinda scary looking :-)

    Happy new Year King. I hope 2010 is a very good year for you and your family!

    I'll be watching for your posts!

    jj

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know what you should get. Tell me if I'm wrong. I want to see a cross dresser preening before entering a bar. It could be examining a palm sized mirror, or touching up lipstick, or fluffing hair, but you know what I'm describing. If you're a day driver you might need to go out on foot in the evening to get such a shot, but you know where to go, and it would be priceless.

    By the way, I'm looking for a writers agent, any chance you could help me find one? I got my first ever rejection recently, I realize it was a rejection but they did actually read the proposal and reply!!

    Your pal, RCD

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Chris with the teacup! Is he a friend of yours? As ever, I love reading your blog. Best to you in 2010, molly

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I like your photography skills much better than Chris's. Ick.

    Justine :o )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey!!! Just getting back into things trying to catch up.I would enjoy looking at your live photos.
    Hope you have a wonderful New Year. Be careful out there.

    ReplyDelete
  15. lol... you have more patience than I!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is great! I can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Peace be to the King...looking forward to the living shots.
    Somehow, the taxi driver digging for gold intriques me...:D

    ReplyDelete
  18. .i could do pictures like that..but could I get them to sit still long enough???

    Work from home India

    ReplyDelete