KING OF NEW YORK HACKS

Follow and ye shall be Knighted !!!
KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE !

KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE

Share

Twitter Follow

Follow KINGOFNYHACKS on Twitter

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

♫♫ The King likes New York in June....♫ How about youuuu ? ♫

Actually, I like it...but its been pretty damn hot.

Started off with some rain this month but boy is it hot lately...However, like the postman, NOTHING will keep The Dark Knight from protecting the streets of Goth-ahem, New York City...I like how he nonchalantly just walks by and no one bothered him...The Joker knew the King was near by and was probably shitting a pill. Wouldn't be the first time I saved Batman's ass. LOL



Now, the city Sanitation wants to remove all these Ghost Bike memorials calling them an "eyesore", as there are 67 I believe 'round the city now...My customers have all kinds of views on the matter from, "why not a plaque where everyone was ever mugged or raped??" or " hey isn't that what we have cemeteries for??"... I do believe that it brings awareness to the dangers and lack of safe Bicycle lanes in our city, and if you go to this sight http://www.ghostbikes.org/ they will tell you where Ghost Bikes exist all over the world...I never knew there were so many tributes...

I don't think they are in anyone's way and they are well maintained by the bicycle community, but when the city whispers something to the press, it usually is going to happen..




I'm just curious if they will let these bicycles stay all over the city that messengers use or are just abandoned...however this one looks like its ready to use just adding the wheels and turning the seat right. It also has a decent lock on the frame...some of these frames are very expensive and the wheels just as much , so they spray paint and scratch it so hopefully nobody will steal them....but if the Sanitation wants it, they'll get these too.



I also wonder why we can find money in certain areas to make a Fire Hydrant look so visible and safe for use by the New York Fire Department...


...and in some other areas they are painted 3 colors with missing caps and broken concrete around it...I can see why firefighters get injured just trying to hook up a hose, and then collect 3/4 pay for the rest of their life...If the city can't afford the best safety for our firemen, then they should pay them for the city's ignorance. They paid Wall St for bullshit, and they cant put in Bike lanes and functional fire hydrants ?? ...all I say to that is Pffft !!!!


3 sights everybody walks by in NYC, the Green "Relay" box, The Mail Box, and a city Sanitation can which is all over the city. I once hid in that green box to scare my mailman friend, and he jumped so far back I think he landed in the bodega...but he laughed nonetheless and didn't kill The King for the joke.



I change into my King hero costume in the booth with the light off if I have to protect Batman when I'm needed to fight crime...If I change in the one with the light on , all the hookers come over to me and offer me free massages...what ?? YES THE FEMALE ONES !! LOL


...another example of pristine fire safety...a standpipe they are called. Perfect condition.



and one that I bet could use at least a littlee love and care...


So whats a King to do on a slow summer evening when Batman has no crime for me to fight....I just head on over to Mulberry St in Little Italy, and go see anotheer King friend of mine...THE CANNOLI KING !!!! Stuff is like Krytonite to some, but it is where I get most of my superpowers from...


KONY: "Hey Cannoli King, last one in the back there, the chocolate chip filled one...I might be fighting crime tonight, I'll need it"

CK: "Yo , no problem King, this one's on da house !!! "

KONY: "Thanks CK, just shoot a cannoli in the sky if ya need me...and I'll be finishing my espresso on Canal St..LOL"...mmmm...a New York Cannoli, nothing like it.


...and for those criminals and fraudsters who make your way through this city and get away with it sometimes...just remember....


I may not be Batman...have been called a Joker....but I'll always be watching these streets and keeping them safe as long as I remain...( insert Dark Knight music )...The King Of New York Hacks ... ( insert Dumb and Dumber music now) LOL.

Peace out peeps, stay cool.

32 comments:

  1. Damn those cannolis look good. Nice post. Enjoyed the photo's. Be safe out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wOw eddie, i never heard of the ghost bike stuff. what a cool idea. i'm sure it brings comfort to those that have lost a loved one that way and promotes awareness as well. why doesnt the big apple be nice and make bike lanes? the way they drive there would scare me to even attempt being on a bike!

    i love how you took pics of the hydrants and phones... all of it.. it gives me a looksie at the city and then i long to go there again... thanks for sharing.

    take care, stay safe, and happy 4th!

    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. NY in June. I can smell it all the way over here.

    Very sad about the upkeep in some parts of the city. I guess it really is all about location, location, location.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha fun fighting crime out there...maybe i need to find a good canoli to see if it gives me superpowers...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ..*hahaHAA* what I would give to see you jump out of that green box and scare the postman!! I'll be laughing about that all day long...thanks, King
    * ; D
    ...we have those little memorials all over my little town too...not just for bicyclists, for pedestrians hit by cars...crosses with flowers that the friends and family of the deceased person maintain. Usually Catholics. I wouldn't know what to do about the bikes....?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do bring up some great contrasts. I hate that bicyclists live in such danger all over the country.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey King, Sorry-- I don't know how I missed this post but-- You had me at "New York Cannoli". They really are the best!

    Interesting pics and thoughts during these hot summer days. Crazy about those fire hydrants. some of them are a real mess.

    And the Ghost Bikes-- I say, leave 'em alone and focus time and money on the nasty, dirty parts of the city and spruce those up. BUt you're right, once it's leaked to the press they're history.

    Stay cool as always King. Cheers, jj

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your posts ALWAYS rock King!! I can always count on you to make me laugh!! Or spit coffee all over my keyboard!! I haven't been to the city in ... forever!! Even though I live in Upstate and spend summers in Northern NY...I have never been to Little Italy (hanging head in shame). I could really use one of those cannolis!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my page and in answer to your question: its a rock.. lol.. but u knew that, right? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool blog! Our lives are so different, but I love the diversity! Thanks for stopping by Easy Street. I'll be back!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. In Portland they stack up those bikes and lock them all together in big piles. Im not sure if its done to morn the death of bike riders or what.

    Bicyclists would last a lot longer if they would realize they have about ZERO protection! Like an ant on the sidewalk. Then again, we have militant bike riders here. They demand your 2,400lbs respect their 190lbs. Or my 104,000lbs respect their 190lbs. Thankfully none of them have tested my brakes yet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. http://itistimetothinkformyself.blogspot.com/2010/07/pick-one-or-two-to-share-follow-rule-no.html

    Happy Tuesday!
    Look to see if you like one or two awards there.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The bikes look kinda creepy. We rarely have bikelanes out here in Suriname also, bikers should be extra careful in the traffic, cause the car-drivers mostly don’t pay much attention to bikers. I like the ‘What goes around comes around’ banister pic;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Remember when Giuliani tried to get rid of all of the yellow cabs in favor of the car service (Lincoln Continentals' if my memory serves me)??
    Also I thought of you while checking for my Dad Rex PArker Does the NyTimes Crossword where a clue was ' Medallioned Vehicle'!

    Tues July 20th 11A: Medallioned vehicle (CAB) — "Medallioned" is not a word you see very often. Cabs that are not medallioned are sometimes referred to as "GYPsy cabs" — ethnic slur to some, non-pejorative slang to others (44D: Cheat, in 43-Across (SLANG)).

    Which relates to a story yesterday on NPR and how in Italy they do not need ANY reason to request an ID at all which is troubling for the Gypsy Families in Ireland? And everything rounds back to my Irish Italian roots in NYC.... Where upoin my last visit a cyclist was OFF of the bke lane going approx 40 mph and nearly killed himself hitting the car door after I parked.
    I'm SORRY but 2nd Avenue is 33% BUS lane, one side, 33 bike lane, and no pedestrian space post light change and walk signal.Thankfully FROGGER was my favorite game growing up....I am compassionate about the bicyclists memorials, they can stay, and bicyclists can obtain licenses, which will generate revenue, and they can send the 300 subway station workers back to their stations, and the assigned police patrol back to the streets to write tickets for offending homicidal cyclists;-)Seriously!

    PS
    AND I still maintain my souvenirs ( bright orange bills due to the City) I WAS parked on the RIGHT side. They ticketed people who HAD moved there cars for street cleaning... repeatedly... I lived there I was PUNCTUAL and responsible about it! WHY? Betting on you NOT taking time off from work to wait all day in line at City Hall. CHA CHING!
    I must go to work pardon my long comment, I have not had time to blog;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. really makes you wonder about things!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on making Blog of Note!!

    http://www.bentobloggy.blogspot.com (fellow BON)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks, now I am craving a New York Cannoli! ;) Love the pics and the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. New York Cannoli and espresso...can't think of two things I love to cheat with more than those!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love how you took pics of the hydrants and phones.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your view on the ghost bike in relation to the crap is awesome! Here you have an item greatly taken care of with deep heartfelt meaning and the city, some official that wants to be known for making changes, is going to spend time, money and energy to "fix" the issue, yet safey, cleanliness and overal visual improvements of city owned items goes over looked.

    You are a classic, funny, thoughtful writer. I also am glad to see your family is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great site, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Like any body else here, I love the bike:)
    Please also follow me on my blog site , just clik my nick and it contains daily activities and struggles in my life. Hope to have somone follow me. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The cannoli looks yummy. I'd like to eat some.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Omg, a cannoli cart?!?! I am so deprived down here in NC. Luckily I can get the best cannoli in this entire region at a restaurant 15 minutes away. This one grocery store tries selling them but they just look bad. Either way, a cannoli cart is just another reason as to why I should consider moving back up North after school. Seriously, a cannoli cart. I LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete