KING OF NEW YORK HACKS

Follow and ye shall be Knighted !!!
KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE !

KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE

Share

Twitter Follow

Follow KINGOFNYHACKS on Twitter

Friday, September 10, 2010

Read, Watch, and Learn...The Rest of the Story...


... in a larger sense, we can not dedicate --

we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow --

this ground. The brave men, living and dead,

who struggled here, have consecrated it,

far above our poor power to add or detract.

President Abraham Lincoln
Gettysburg,
Nov. 19, 1863



"The Human Spirit is not measured by the size of the act, but by the size of the heart."



~ Watch the video and find out who said that. ~KONYH





Yup...he signed it too.



Staten Island. They lost many....much too many...one was too much.



When a man becomes a fireman his greatest act of bravery has been accomplished. What he does after that is all in the line of work. ~Chief Edward F. Croker, FDNY- circa 1890's



There is no question what the roll of honor in America is. The roll of honor consists of the names of Men and Women who have squared their conduct by ideals of duty.

President Woodrow T. Wilson









and as we march forward...perhaps we will learn...The rest of the story...have a good day peeps.

...King out. Peace.

13 comments:

  1. Evocative as usual, King. I, too, loved Paul Harvey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome... Quite inspiring.. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post and tribute.. My grandmother loved Paul Harvey, she listened to him every day...Love that statue- such strength and dedication.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a good one. To fuse Paul Harvey with the American heart and our pain, or at least the memory of it, is a big order. You did it well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good one, King. I make a point to stop by your place when 9/11 comes around every time...I don't know anyone with as much heart as you to represent for NYC and stand tall in memory of that day's events...thanks for keeping the memory of those souls alive!! Thanks for reminding us what an awesome time and place we live in! Thanks for reminding everyone that people DO care about other people, near and far, and we remember our fallen and respect those who Help Others, whether through art, or writing, or kind words, or a nice slice of pizza, or just a smile!
    THANKS King!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Especially in the last few days I thought of you. I hope you allow me to link to your page with me again.

    Greetings from Germany
    Liebe Grüße, Petra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Compelling and inspirational...just like you. You do such an amazing job commemorating 9/11. Are you ok with us linking up? Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. perfect in all ways King. thanks for the taste and gentleness...my heart is with you and the rest of my fellow new yorkers tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  9. King of NY: Thanks for the post.

    You know, we in the midwest part of the country only hear what the media wants us to hear about NYC. I wonder often, especially this time of year how true New Yorkers feel about all this.

    I'm not trying to get into a politcal discussion, but it's very hard for us not in the heart of New York to understand what seems to us as being reported that we should just simply forget about 9/11.

    I cannot. I have never visited your great city, but I can never forget that day.

    At least the media I hear seems to tell me that I am a racist for refusing to ever forget 9/11/2001.

    I cannot do that. I will never do that. On that day, the nation united and I will not let that fade from my memory.

    I still wonder if what I hear from the media about New Yorkers saying we should be tolerant of those that attacked us is true, or just another way to increase viewer ratings.

    I hope you New Yorkers celebrate your triumph over the evil ones that dominated the news that day and for weeks, months, years afterward.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tribute carries a gentleness that nourishes the soul...thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was delighted to discover that he was the artist of this mural back in 2003 when I visited NYC at Ground Zero. I loved the mural and researched it at the time. Thanks for such a fine post.

    ReplyDelete