KING OF NEW YORK HACKS

Follow and ye shall be Knighted !!!
KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE !

KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE

Share

Twitter Follow

Follow KINGOFNYHACKS on Twitter

Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Lioness from Hells Kitchen.

Well hello again everyone, been a while... but I'm back at the keyboard and have some nice pictures of the end of summer coming up and the changing colors of New York City as Fall is here, and we are still hoping for CHANGE...more than the colors, but the stuff in our pockets and the well being of each other. That's what HOPE is for no ??

They both go hand in hand.

I have come across some very special people through blogging, some I have met in person and most I have not. If I had the time to post about all of them I would, so forgive me if anyone thinks I'm slighting them in any way. It just happens that this person has some roots from the 10036, and for those of you not in the know, THAT is the real HELLS KITCHEN zip code...not some fussy ass French dude in a kitchen who yaps like a Chihuahua at people even if they made a bowl of cereal. This person was in the Hells Kitchen that was full of murders, deviants, and a sweeping crack epidemic before Rudy Giuliani turned it into Disneyland.

I just recently found out a great friend of my family had his leg amputated from suffering through years of kidney disease and dialysis. He was one of the most disciplined and athletic individuals I have ever met in my life. He was also a selfless missionary. He gave, never took and yet still fights the good fight, looking forward to rehab with a new prosthetic leg.

That is the heart of a Lion.

However, every once in a while I come across a story that I just need to share with everyone, and hope it raises an awareness to what I believe is a great cause and usually a great story. Well with this there is both. I have followed a blog since I started writing called Smarty Pants Rants , and she is smart, funny, takes great pics and is very funny....oh AND she has Type 1 Diabetes.


I know first hand from living with my nephews who have suffered with FSGS, what a tough road it is for children or adults to endure the process of medications, injections, side effects, and all the rest of the turmoil and restrictions on diet and daily routines that most of us take for granted, and how fucking tough they are to endure it with a smile, even when there are complications, and make it all seem so routine as I still grimace when I see all the medications and injections they go through daily, seemingly with ease.


The hearts of a Lion.




Well this fellow blogger, Sara is her name...and she is fighting for the CURE for Diabetes...I don't need to write much, Sara will tell you it all in her brilliant video. Just so you know, it takes a lot of time and work to upload pictures and write just a blog..I can only imagine the countless hours Sara spent on making this short movie about diabetes awareness and being brave enough to use herself ...Sara has encapsulated her life in a less than 6 minute video, and I implore you to watch it...trust the King on this one, it is THAT GOOD.

Most people watch 6 minutes worth of commercials a day, so please, watch this and learn.


Sara says:

"I hope...I still have a tiny, shimmering chunk of HOPE inside! Life would be different without diabetes, but I know it would be nothing without the people who give my REAL life REAL meaning – the ones who inspire me to keep hoping. So I test, and read up on the latest developments, and raise money for research. And I HOPE….."

...and I hope to Sara, for you and everyone else who wants the CURE. You deserve it.


Ladies and Gentlemen...The Lion Queen.

To view it on You Tube to see the whole screen and read all the subtitles:
Click--------> Fight Type 1 Diabetes





Brilliant, no ?? The King doesn't lie.

Click This Word Link To Donate TO Sara's Walk

In closing once again, I am just a courier of news from New Yorkers who are elsewhere now, today... but bring a strong spirit wherever they go and we were glad to have her while we did....Today I am no King, I am just a member of the human race who hopes...hopes that Sara's words resonate to you...and one day to all.

I encourage all of you to visit her blog and tell her what you think...and continue to HOPE. Smarty Pants Rants.

Thank you Sara, You truly are The Lioness from New York.

Peace out Peeps.

-Edward

19 comments:

  1. Wow.. And today my issue was leaking pipes in the basement.. Humbled doesn't even begin to describe how I feel right now.
    God Bless Sara and all those seeking a cure.. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. hm. I'm quiet now, and have nothing smart-assy to say to anyone! That was very inspiring. What a wonderful role model she is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was amazing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each day we open our eyes to a new day and wake up again is another chance for miracles to happen!! The Blessing of Potential is born fresh in each person's heart every single day we choose to keep living.& this blessing I wish for Sarah, whose strength is so inspiring, and for your friend, too, King, with the new "bionic" leg...


    Remember out of all the terrors and bad things released into this old world, the last one out of Pandora's Box was not a rotten egg...it was h*o*p*e!...so the story goes...
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure can relate to this post. My stepdaughter has had diabetes since she was little. She is 38 years old now with two kids of her own. She is an inspiration every single day. As is Sara. God Bless both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for stopping by, sugar! and thank you for posting this. my mother died 20 years ago from complications resulting from her adult onset diabetes, so i am no stranger. my best to sara and to you. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peace, Brother Cabbie

    Aloha from Hawaii

    Comfort Spiral

    ><}}(°>

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping at my photo blog today. Thanks even more for posting this. My daughter has type 1 diabetes and tested herself as I was watching the video. It's excellent and I too, pray and give towards a cure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am speechless too. Humbled. Ashamed of what I take for granted each day. 4 shots a day, waking in the night to do so. All that gear schlepped around. The fight she lives each day. I had no idea.

    This moved me deeply.

    Thanks King.

    ReplyDelete
  10. KING!!!!!! I have been unable to hook up to the internet for 24 hours and I come back and what on earth!!! ThANK YOU THANK YOU!!! Your support means so much to me, cuz I KNOW you are a die hard crusader for your OWN trials and that of your family.....and thank you all for visiting my video and my blog...I am just speechless...

    love to you all!!

    Sara Smarty Pants

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely tribute. I'm going to check it out more thoroughly...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, just wow-- And thank you both. My dad had diabetes. I'm off to read more on Sara's blog.

    Hope you are doing good Edward. Safe travels. jj

    ReplyDelete
  13. BTW...I'm going to add this post to my "Latest and Greatest" page!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey
    Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog today. I liked your tribute to Sara. Here's to hoping for a cure sometime in the near future!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's the King of post today!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, I tell ya I'm pretty impressed that you dared to enter a post that contained 'sensitive female content' HA!

    I'll have to check out SSP's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are a great friend to promote her cause!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for stopping by my blog the other day. I had to come and visit you... I hope you write more soon! I like it here and I think I'll settle down to stay for a bit.

    ReplyDelete