KING OF NEW YORK HACKS

Follow and ye shall be Knighted !!!
KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE !

KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE

Share

Twitter Follow

Follow KINGOFNYHACKS on Twitter

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

King of New York Hacks, New York City Statues, Hero Behind The Cape, and Bears !! OH MY !! 1-11-11 Today !!

Another year, another sunrise.

Lets hope we get to see all of them before the Mayans come and take us away in a UFO.

Its snowing outside right now, and it snowed last week already for the first time this year. I took this picture the day before it snowed, and as the old saying goes,

RED SKY IN MORNING, SAILORS WARNING; RED SKY AT NIGHT, SAILORS DELIGHT

It  certainly rang true. It snowed the next day. I did a weather forecast on Facebook with this photo, and for those of you who are on Facebook I encourage you to friend me as I will be adding photos a few days a week of New York City or links I find funny or interesting that will never make it to this blog. OK. 

 

Lets ride. 





 Lots of Garbage still around this city and more snow just means bigger piles of snow AND trash.



 However, even when it snows and The King is off the road, believe it or not you can still get around via many other ways to travel..like, a Hansome cab...Not as safe as The King or as handsome... OK, Ok, maybe more romantic...but not in the summer when all you smell is horseshit and garbage. LOL ( trust the King, take them in Spring, Fall and Winter ) :-)



 The Pedicabs were very busy as I overheard this driver telling his passengers how they filmed the movie "Serendipity" around these parts. I looked at the advertisement on the back of the bike and it was a protest against some salon saying they steal from clients coats at the coatcheck !! Ha ! I wish I could do that !! LOL



 Even bicyclists were out enjoying the snow which can make New York City eerily quiet sometimes.



Occasionally, the runners move quicker than the cabs and cars.



 ...or you could just take a silent walk with a friend.



 The day before I did a double-take when I passed a statue near Madison Park. I thought I saw a statue wearing a cape...A REAL fabric cape, not an attached bronze one as some statues have...as I noticed it and other passengers did too, we discovered it was a  promotion for a new TV show with these boxes (shown below) next to each statue with a cape.



 I went to investigate knowing that Batman is a big fan of mine and always recommends to the Mayor that the city should erect a statue of me for always saving his ass...Is it my time ?? Did they finally do it ??



 The KING !?!?!!..... Uhhh..Nope...The Hero. This was at the Simon Bolivar statue, who was a Venezuelan military and political leader. Together with José de San Martín, he played a key role in Hispanic America's successful struggle for independence from the Spanish Empire.

 Simon Bolivar with CAPE.





 Later I came across Robert Burns who is largely considered the National Poet of Scotland.



 Whats that ??? You never heard of him ??? Perhaps you know a song he wrote that you probably sang on New Years or heard it before...Auld Lang Syne . Yup, damn good song if I must say so.


 Now ole George Washington had a cape too in Union Square draped over his horse...but then I came upon a strange but familiar sight...




I walked over to this mysterious caped statue with my Kingsense tingling...I approached slowly and asked him...

WHO ARE YOU ???!?!?!?...No response...I asked louder...and got in front of him.



I said WHO ARE YOUUUUUU ?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!!?!



He replied in a terse tone. I'm Abe man. O_O
"Sheeeeeeeeeiiiiittttttttt Abe, didn't recognize you with that new cape on, thought you was the Bat--awwww forget it. "



Next time I'll just look down to see who it is.  :-) Ha !!


The weather seems for the birds, and I guess it is. All the same bird except for one I had to zoom in on.




Not quite sure what kind of bird this is although it reminds me of a Finch.



On such a snowy day I decided it would be pretty cool if I went into the Central Park Zoo being that I haven't been there in yearrs and it would be unique with the snow falling...No lines and not many people either !

The seals were loving this weather !



Ignoring me because I had no fish.



YO King !! Get me some fish !!! ...or a beach ball !!...or..FISH !!



I walked up to this tree to find a big red lump in it. It was The Red Panda, who was sleeping at the time...I used my animal language that I learned from Dr.Doolittle as a child and sure enough...



He turned and told the King to fuck off. Real nice Red Panda...Real nice...He's actually related to the raccoon even though they call it a Panda. Very cool to see up close.



This Baboon was eating snow and when I wasn't taking pictures was giving me the bird...man these animals ARE from New York City...



Finally this Polar Bear was nodding for me to look at a sign that was hanging up behind me...but before I looked, I was in awe of just how immense these animals are and are killers...If I'm right, I believe they are the only animal that actually can hunt a human...incredible creatures. Hard to believe I'm in the city.



Yes, I now see your point Polar Bear...and I'll take the "B" away and replace it with a "Y" so not only will I treat bears good, but I'll treat this year as if its my last and enjoy, embrace and savor the moments.



I hope that wasn't such a painful ride through the snowy streets of NYC with me to start off the year...

In a few minutes the time will be 11:11:11 and date 1/11/11 ...one is always a great place to start all your goals...and a perfect time for a wish...and if you read this after, I give you permission to make that wish anyway.  ;)

So hop into your year and my taxi where my door is always open and you'll get to explore and experience the journey with me through 2011. 

I wish you and yours a brilliant year to come as I remain...No not Batman...Nope..not Abraham Lincoln...Yes, thats right, just me...


Edward...The King Of New York Hacks.





...and like my man D.C.Cabbie always says...and trust the King, IT IS COLD out there peeps..

Please don't forget the homeless.







Peace out peeps.

34 comments:

  1. You sure have captured the spirit of your snowy city. Wonderful photos. Your mystery bird is a female Cardinal. Her bright red mate wouldn't have been too far away. I just posted a photo of one on my blog a couple of days ago. She's a beauty, isn't she? Thanks for sharing your snowy city. And Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos of NYC in the winter. Thanks so much for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ~ ^^ ~ whee lucky #3 comment!! It's only 10:30 here but you know what I'm waitin' for...! *haha! & I thought I was the only crazy numbers person waiting for this synchronicity 1111111111! those animals seem so mellow in the snow...but fluffy, I suppose, with the panda...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed the photos, but that red panda is an asshole.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a momentous time and date for your first post of the new year. Good timing King and may it remain so this entire year. All the best to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pictures.. the bird with the crest on its head looks like a female cardinal

    Off to find you on FB

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed this peek at your city. What a wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always enjoy your post, so fun to read and kind of makes me feel like I am there! All that trash though, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love New York, through the eyes of the King :)
    Happy New Year!
    ~AM

    (I'll be friending you on FB)

    ReplyDelete
  10. very, very cool, sugar! and the last photo a gentle reminder. off to fb rightnow!!
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. WTH!?!?! A Red Panda-- Never heard of such a thing but I enlarged for photo and WoW-- Very cool, even if he has a bad attitude ;-)

    Loved the tour and so glad I saw your snowy city from the warmth of my living room-- Dang King. It looks COLD.

    Stay safe out there and have a fabulous New Year!!!

    Cheers, jj

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice..thanks for the tour...may be heading your way next weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  13. REALLY great post!

    NYCe One :)

    Thanks for driving me around da city I miss a lot sometimes.

    Aloha from Waikiki

    Comfort Spiral

    ><}}(°>


    <°)}}><

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, what a fun ride this was...and my favorites always are animals each and every kind...but I do so love the each picture you take, snow coming down on one person sitting all alone on a park bench..this is life, real and wonderful life! You make my day! Every time I stop by! Take care, watch out for the garbage, hopefully they are getting it all before too much more of this white junk falls! Take care! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post! Very picturesque...although I suddenly feel like I can smell horseshit and garbage...bwahahaha! I'm sorry, but I laughed out loud! And what a visual. I'll stick to your cab, thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  16. hmm when a snowstorm is not happening?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the photos. Those Red Pandas gotta mouth on 'em don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gracias Rey de Nueva York por tu comentario. Me ha dado mucha alegría leerte.
    Ya sabes que me gustan tus post sobre tu ciudad y las fotos que has exhibido. Es lamentable esos olores que nombras, pero la belleza de esa nieve está muy bien captada.
    Debes vivir muchas experiencias con tu trabajo y eso hace que sea interesante lo que redactas.
    Te voy a decir una cosa:
    Siempre he deseado ver América pero el terror a un avión me domina y ahora aunque quisiera ya no podría verla. Como me gusta tanto el cine vuestro, mi ilusión era visitar los estudios de cine, igual que una niña pequeña pero la realidad es que nunca lo haré.
    Con cariño te desea lo mejor Carmen.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I do love these glimpses of NYC in the snow. That bird might be a female cardinal?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your shots, and your perspective. Someday...someday I'll come to New York!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another great post King:D

    We are planning on being there in NYC for the 10th anniversary of 9/11.

    Hope we can meet and have you show us around some nice spots.

    Be good to yourself brother.

    ReplyDelete
  22. excellent views of NYC always make me happy! so i gave you one of my weekly awards which you can collect anytime!

    happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great post your highness, may you generate shit load of cash in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  24. EXCELLENT post!!! The Red Panda story cracked me up! You are a funny, funny guy!! And you have a heart of gold. Thanks for sharing that with us!
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  25. The cute little bird is a female redbird. They are not brightly colored like the somewhat arrogant male Cardinal, but still stately and regal. Loved the pictures. We had a little snow, but nothing like you did. ...and miles to go before I sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  26. We don't have homeless around here and I assumed it was because they went south out of our snow. Love all your snowy pics and those capes are pretty fun - and big!!!

    The birds, I see sparrows and a female cardinals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for taking us along with you. That was beautiful! I love the way the horse and carriage looks in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great pictures from the wonderful NYC! Thank you so m uch for sharing them with us. Lots of greetings from Germany! Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  29. The birds look like female Cardinals, they mate for life and the males are the bright red birds that accompany them

    ReplyDelete
  30. I thoroughly enjoyed your chilly tour of the city...

    Keep warm my friend,
    teresa

    ReplyDelete
  31. I really enjoyed these looks around NYC in snow. I especially like the capes around the statues though they might be of better use around the homeless person.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love this post with all the pictures of NY!

    ReplyDelete