KING OF NEW YORK HACKS

Follow and ye shall be Knighted !!!
KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE !

KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE

Share

Twitter Follow

Follow KINGOFNYHACKS on Twitter

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

10 Pic Tuesday 3 and The King of New York Hacks



Be careful whose door you knock on in New York City...sometimes if you see this kind of picture before you knock, you may just want to keep movin' or you'll wind up sleeping with the fishes if ya know what I mean.



The old telephone booths don't exist anymore, but when I have to change into my King costume because  Batman or Spider Man are getting they're ass whooped, I always use the one with the light out...being the King isn't easy in this city.;)



When my eyes start seeing the road like this I know its time to turn my taxi in and sleepy time is necessary...don't drive when you're tired peeps, way too dangerous.



Gotta love a bail bonds that uses a young Frank Sinatra's mugshot for advertising...♫ if you can get busted here, you can get busted anywhere, its up to you New York , Bail Bonds ♫ !!


Everybody remembers the "Tank Man" of Tiananmen Square in China, when an unknown man stood up to a column of tanks...well this is  the  "downtown pigeon" who blocked the NYPD from putting more security on Wall St...forr a few minutes at least..NYC pigeons are pretty damn tough.




Here is one of the infamous New York City manhole covers...these are great in a stickball game and if you want to be remembered, you better hit the ball Three Sewers long...Willie Mays was a Three Sewer hitter...The King ?? Pleeeeeaaaaaaaasssssssseee...They don't measure my home runs by sewers, they call my shots Chrysler Buildings, because thats what I aim for... and generally hit.  Ha !

The sad thing is as you can see if you enlarge the pic is these are made in India...I have nothing against India, I'm just scratching my head thinking that we have enough talent here in the USA to make the cover for some shit...Politicians are good at covering their shit, maybe every time we catch them doing a no no, they have to make a sewer cap...here's a link how they were made, pretty scary...NYC MANHOLES

 


Here is the King's Taximeter...always a good thing when it is running $$$$$$$




The Statue of Liberty usually comes off her pedestal and visits the King when I'm downtown...she really loves New York and always tells me her crown is better than mine...I agree Lady Liberty.




Below is a statue that has a plaque next to it that reads:
                                                                  Invitation To Prayer
On September 23 1857, a businessman named Jeremiah Lanphier ignited what became a spiritual revolution in New York City. It all began at a simple prayer meeting in the financial district.Within months similar gatherings were being held throughout New York and across the nation. tens of thoudsands of lives were transformed. 


At that time, there were 30,000 men idle on the streets of New York. Drunkenness was rampant, and the nation was divided by slavery. Ministering in the dark slums of Hell’s Kitchen, Lanphier poured himself into the lives of people who were homeless, helpless and hopeless.
Lanphier's story affirms that one person in humble obedience to God can make a profound difference.
As you can see his hands are opened as an invitation to pray with him...which the King did...and I prayed for a beautiful blonde...and closed my eyes...



The next thing I knew my prayer came true !!! Ha !!

This lovely young woman was sitting at the statue with a friend when I came to take a picture of it and was willing to be pictured in my blog while her friend was camera shy and ran for the hills !...I wrote her name on notepad that I left in my taxi one night and it wasn't there when I went to get it...so I hope she sees this post and comments so I can insert her name properly...thanks for  being a good sport. :-)



So, another 10 pic Tuesday is in the books..or the blogs...The Hurricane wasn't so bad for the King, some lost power, a little flooding, but overall nothing major thank God...Thanks to all for sending their well wishes to me on Facebook and here on the blog as the storm came into NYC. All the thoughts and prayers that you sent worked big time for the King and NYC during the hurricane, not to mention they kept me in good spirits knowing that people from around the world were inquiring of my safety...my family and New York City thank you mucho... I may not be Jeremiah Lanphier, although I do pray up a storm for those who need it, and I'm certainly no pigeon, but I can hit the ball Three Sewers, and see a future passenger hailing my taxi 10 city blocks away...as I drive up to them... and introduce myself...

The King...of New York Hacks.

Peace out peeps.



10 comments:

  1. thanks for another mini vacation and i don't mean to state the obvious [and it may just be the lighting] but what's going on with the praying statue's private area? looks like he was real happy to see someone...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mate, you should be on the payroll for NYC tourist board, all this does is make we want to come back to gotham..
    Cheers, Sausage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is amazing, having my own tour guide for the city...loving it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superpigeon! *haha! A credit to his race...

    * ; D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You almost tempt me to check out NYC.

    Almost. :)

    Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just passed by that statue yesterday and was wondering what the deal was. Thanks for filling me in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Phew! So glad the hurricane took it easy on you. I've been thinking of you and hoping for the best.

    The Frank Sinatra mugshot is a hoot. Gotta love a bail bond company with a sense of humor!

    Cheers, jj

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoy these little visits to NY since I'm pretty sure I'll never make it in person. You inspire me to do more pictures of East Texas pastures and cows, autumn fairs and country crossroads. Maybe I will. We all need to take a trip now and then.

    ReplyDelete