KING OF NEW YORK HACKS

Follow and ye shall be Knighted !!!
KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE !

KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE

Share

Twitter Follow

Follow KINGOFNYHACKS on Twitter

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

10 Pic Tuesday ...10 Years ago...REMEMBER...



Time Warner Center...eerily resembles what my city has lost....



The World is ours...



Bomb scare Columbus Circle...just another night in NYC...



Solitude in the city...



Bedbugs...NYC got lots of them...notice how the mattresses are covered in Saran Wrap to suffocate the little buggers...no worries, my taxi only has rats....some people call them Investment Bankers. Ha !!



Everyone's welcome in the King's Taxi...These are the steps to Lincoln Center.




The King's competition...



Reflections of NYC...



Hailing...not the icy kind ;-)




NYPD Motorcycles Times Square...





10 years ago...I remember...



Today...


View heading downtown on West Side Highway...



Remember...


One World Trade Center...REMEMBER...





10 years already...still at war...still not built...


I remember...

Peace out peeps...

...next post on September 11th.


12 comments:

  1. I echo the comment before mine. You have very powerful posts. I remember too Edward. I remember. Always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I said on your Facebook page, I will never forget. I knew 2 ladies who perished that day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post very haunting...
    You know that the hearts of the people are with NYC...
    all the best mate.
    Sausage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too many memories of that day... A friend lost her niece on that 93 flight... Also the priest that was killed. A wedding anniversary I use to celebrate shares that tragic day..Never been to your city, thanks for showing the memorable sites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. People want us to forget, but we will not. Thanks for the great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I echo the very first post.
    On September 11th (sad how I don't even need to write the year, isn't it?), I was in Iceland with the Navy. On September 15th, I was finally able to fly home to Pennsylvania. Our route of flight took us south of Manhattan. We didn't see land, but I'll never forget the huge cloud of smoke which still rose into the sky. Nor the first time I drove up the New Jersey Turnpike and looked at a New York skyline empty of two huge landmarks.
    Sad, very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, nice link to the india manhole cover sweatshop. interesting thing is, I wonder if that is one of the safer facilities in India. I can't help thinking it's all a smoking caldron of lies... the india manhole cover thing. As always I anticipate your 9-11-11 post. are going to the memorial @ wtc?

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey king. i rememember as the times warner center was going up that is was MEANT to be a reflection OF the twin towers...not a replacement by any stretch but that the visual reminder would always evoke what was lost....2000 miles away and i am feeling the aches rise in my heart and blood.....best wishes to you and the city....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cannot imagine what it was like to be in NYC on that day. You and all New Yorkers have my utmost respect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a photo junkie, I can get lost in photo blogs, NatGeo (I sort of swoon when I even say it)- both their pro & amateur shots. Photos - stories from the viewfinder. Love it. A fascinating city I hope to see for real some day. Thanks for the comment on my blog & introducing me to yours.

    ReplyDelete