KING OF NEW YORK HACKS

Follow and ye shall be Knighted !!!
KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE !

KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE

Share

Twitter Follow

Follow KINGOFNYHACKS on Twitter

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Concrete People

 I have a lot to write in the near future and I will update on many of the events here in NYC and the progress of our recovery from Hurricane Sandy which I believe will take a very long time...so for now this is the little I have to post about..The beach parking lots are used to sift through demolished homes and load the debris filled with lifetimes of memory into the dump trucks to be carted off into the abyss of a memory.


 Cedar Grove Community Hub which has been running a tent that has fed, clothed, renovate homes, and help their community in every way possible has been a source of strength for the people recovering and an inspiration to Staten Island who has seen these dedicated volunteers make leaps and bounds to acquire the essentials to keep people surviving in their damaged homes...they could use any donations of Sterno fuel, Food Pans, Food, etc...Like their page and contact them if you can help, or me and I'll get it to them. Thank you. #KONYH


 An excavator works in the distance to remove remnants of homes and begin to rebuild all that was destroyed due to Hurricane Sandy, as this lone staircase in the marsh is a reminder of how much has been lost in New Dorp beach Staten Island. 


 A lone tree swing tire pronounces the void of the houses swept away by Hurricane Sandy and the lives that were forever changed because of the devastation...Kissam Ave Staten Island where 14 of 17 homes were swept off their foundations forever changing the landscape of the coastline. 


 Its hard to believe this is the calm harbor that only a few months ago swept in and took homes and lives changing our lives once again...forever.


 ...and yet the beauty of the sea still exists and brings us hope.


 Concrete jungle where dreams are made of...


...and lots of Concrete people helping to put this city back together again...the most common phrase from all the affected areas and people I've spoken to who are at wits end dealing with the Gov't and Insurance agencies is "We take care of our own"...and thats how progress has happened so far...Concrete people I tell ya.

I may not be as hard as concrete, but linking up with everyone else and helping recover is what makes us all concrete in this jungle we know as New York City....but hey, what do I know, I'm not a contractor...but my taxi is pointed forward towards the future with a heart full of hope as I remain...

Edward...The King of New York Hacks.

Peace out peeps.


17 comments:

  1. This is awesome!!

    ALOHA from Honolulu
    Comfort Spiral
    ~ > < } } ( ° > <3
    > < } } ( ° >

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Cloudia...AWESOME! I can tell you speak from your heart...I will be sure to pass this on!
    Xo
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly do speak from the heart, thaks for passing it on Jeanne..much love to you from the NYC my friend :)

      Delete
  3. I can see through your photos and words how full of hope you are! I hope all the victims of the hurricane have a chance of a better (re)start in life.
    Great composition on the beautiful night shot Edward! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos always tell a story and a bit about you as well!. You touched my heart this time for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your heart is always in the right place, King.
    Thank you for this fabulous post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always amazed by the resilience of people. I can't imagine having to recover from something like Hurricane Sandy, but I know people always will.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the gull!
    Thanks for your incredibly kind remarks over on my side. They gave me comfort. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey brother...thanks for the inside look...and thank goodness for the resilience of the people eh? its good in the after that people are bonding together to get the city back into shape...thoughts for all those still disaffected...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such poignant and telling photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read this, my friend, with a lump in my throat. No one has put the devastation into perspective as you just did. The tree with the empty rope swing and the stairs sitting alone in the marsh are very poignant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh those photos-- the stairs and the tire swing... they left a lump in my throat. I'll check out the website and see how I can help. Thanks for the tip.

    Be well, Edward. You're doing good out there.

    jj

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful, [horrible] pictures, King... Thanks for sharing these and making the world aware of what is going on in our OWN back yard!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hola amigo, gracias a ti puedo enterarme de muchas cosas, pues después de española me encanta América y siento debilidad por Estados Unidos, es como si además tuviera sangre americana, pues me ha pasado desde siempre y te valoro por todo lo que compartes con el resto del mundo....BESITOS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Living in Chicago - so far from the devastation - you almost forget about how bad it was and still is. It's not in the news anymore and life has gone on in so many ways. Thank you for that reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  15. your photos tell a lot. I hope that victims will get a chance to get their lives and homes back on track

    lonelyblogs.com

    ReplyDelete